11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 51 of 81
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX $25 "Shop Small" Statement Credit

@Repo-ed wrote:
my credit posted yesterday.

The credit on my Green posted yesterday as well. I'm still waiting for the credit on my Dillard's Amex; I did receive two confirmation emails thanking me for participating in SBS, one for each card. One down, one to go. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 52 of 81
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i am so upset at this point! not only have i only received 1 of 3 confirmations, i have received NO CREDIT at all. this is deeply unfair. i took care to register all of my cards in addition to making sure i only shopped where i could receive a credit.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 53 of 81
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I got emails on all 4 cards/purchases. So far only my boa amex and one of the gold cards have seen a credit. The other two cards were used at the same place.

Message 54 of 81
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

i am so upset at this point! not only have i only received 1 of 3 confirmations, i have received NO CREDIT at all. this is deeply unfair. i took care to register all of my cards in addition to making sure i only shopped where i could receive a credit.

Calm down Scott. It's only been 1 business day so far(1st business day when you posted). My transactions are still pending and not even posted. I know if transactions are still pending, theres no way AMEX will give me credit.

On a different note, I went to a restaraunt that AMEX said was in the program. When I walked in, I noticed that the place didn't have a AMEX sign, just Visa+MC. I asked if they take AMEX, they said they only take Visa+MC and cash(10% discount). I told them I will only use AMEX today, They were trying to convince my gf and I to sit down and discuss what we wanted to do. After discussing w/ my gf for 20-30 seconds we decided to go somewhere else down the street. I can't believe they let us walk out because they didn't want to take AMEX probably due to fees. If I was a business owner, I would rather suck up the fees instead of losing the business completely.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 55 of 81
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

I remember going into a small market in my area. There was a sign for Mastercard and Visa. I asked the owner why he doesn't allow Amex cards. His response was that only one person has entered his market with a Amex card to pay for something since he's been in business.

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 56 of 81
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

Calm down Scott. It's only been 1 business day so far(1st business day when you posted). My transactions are still pending and not even posted. I know if transactions are still pending, theres no way AMEX will give me credit.

On a different note, I went to a restaraunt that AMEX said was in the program. When I walked in, I noticed that the place didn't have a AMEX sign, just Visa+MC. I asked if they take AMEX, they said they only take Visa+MC and cash(10% discount). I told them I will only use AMEX today, They were trying to convince my gf and I to sit down and discuss what we wanted to do. After discussing w/ my gf for 20-30 seconds we decided to go somewhere else down the street. I can't believe they let us walk out because they didn't want to take AMEX probably due to fees. If I was a business owner, I would rather suck up the fees instead of losing the business completely.

They probably don't have the capability to take AMEX in their card processing agreement.  It's not surprising, their fees are higher and generally an add-on to their processing plan.  The list for businesses AMEX has aren't even necessarily AMEX vendors (See my first post in the thread where my fake businesses were somehow "Qualified").

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 57 of 81
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

They probably don't have the capability to take AMEX in their card processing agreement.  It's not surprising, their fees are higher and generally an add-on to their processing plan.  The list for businesses AMEX has aren't even necessarily AMEX vendors (See my first post in the thread where my fake businesses were somehow "Qualified").

Ah, for some reason I was under the impression that both consumers and small businesses had to sign-up for this program.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 58 of 81
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

@Jutz wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

Ah, for some reason I was under the impression that both consumers and small businesses had to sign-up for this program.

Nope.  If that was the case and I was in your position I would have gone nuclear on that restaurant.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 59 of 81
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Only have one AmEx, and my credit posted today.

It's worth noting that the e-mail I got from AmEx said "A merchant credit has been posted to your account." and showed the name of the merchant.

So the variance in when people are seeing these credits post may well be due to the merchants, not to AmEx.  Perhaps the merchant has to submit a report of some kind to AmEx that triggers the credits for the promotion. And maybe some merchants haven't done that right away.

Have patience, friends!

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 60 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.