Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX $25 "Shop Small" Statement Credit

tag
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX $25 "Shop Small" Statement Credit

@TheConductor wrote:

Only have one AmEx, and my credit posted today.

It's worth noting that the e-mail I got from AmEx said "A merchant credit has been posted to your account." and showed the name of the merchant.

So the variance in when people are seeing these credits post may well be due to the merchants, not to AmEx.  Perhaps the merchant has to submit a report of some kind to AmEx that triggers the credits for the promotion. And maybe some merchants haven't done that right away.

Have patience, friends!

My packet of info for my non existant businesses tells me I don't need to do anything for my customers, they just need to register prior.  FWIW

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 61 of 81
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Logged in today and saw my credit posted to my account yesterday. I was nervous because the purchase was at a restaurant and less than $25 before the tip. Never did receive an email.

Message 62 of 81
TheConductor
Established Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

My packet of info for my non existant businesses tells me I don't need to do anything for my customers, they just need to register prior.  FWIW

Maybe you don't need to do anything new as a merchant because it's triggered by some kind of regular data reporting that already happens as part of your standard merchant practices. Also FWIW.

Upshot: we don't know for certain either way. But either way, it's probably too soon to be worrying.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 63 of 81
awal
Regular Contributor

I received my credit this morning. The email from my purchase on Saturday, I believe was dated Sunday afternoon Smiley Happy
Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 64 of 81
distantarray
Established Contributor

lol i have 4 authorized users to my BCP, we got $25 x 5 for one card =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 65 of 81
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

My $25.00 credit showed up this morning & that's a pretty standard timeframe from years gone past. Perhaps AMEX had many more spenders this year, but I know the system updates later in the morning (I log in each morning around 6:00 am CST to check my activity, but typically updates after 9:00 am CST). This has been the same for going on over a year now, so I'll re-check later in the day.....and updates are successful !

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 66 of 81
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@TheConductor wrote:

Only have one AmEx, and my credit posted today.

It's worth noting that the e-mail I got from AmEx said "A merchant credit has been posted to your account." and showed the name of the merchant.

So the variance in when people are seeing these credits post may well be due to the merchants, not to AmEx.  Perhaps the merchant has to submit a report of some kind to AmEx that triggers the credits for the promotion. And maybe some merchants haven't done that right away.

Have patience, friends!

Nope. Merchants don't have to sign up to participate in the promotion; the places that I purchased from didn't even know about the promotion until I mentioned it to them in passing!

Amex knows the nature of the business -- large, small, franchise, chain, etc. -- based upon the information provided when the merchant applies for a merchant account with them. A merchant account is the account that allows the business to accept credit cards and usually includes Visa, MC and Discover; Amex is an additional application. The merchant account processes the submitted card transactions, provides approvals or declines, and then funds the appoved transactions into the merchant's bank account. But the bottom line is what I stated above: Amex knows whether or not a merchant is a small business based upon the information submitted on the merchant account application.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 67 of 81
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@TheConductor wrote:

@Jutz wrote:

Maybe you don't need to do anything new as a merchant because it's triggered by some kind of regular data reporting that already happens as part of your standard merchant practices. Also FWIW.

Upshot: we don't know for certain either way. But either way, it's probably too soon to be worrying.

Lol. Did you read my first post? I haven't done anything ever because I am not a merchant in any way.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 68 of 81
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

I got all 3 credits! Thank you Amex!

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 69 of 81
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

i am so upset at this point! not only have i only received 1 of 3 confirmations, i have received NO CREDIT at all. this is deeply unfair. i took care to register all of my cards in addition to making sure i only shopped where i could receive a credit.

Calm down Scott. It's only been 1 business day so far(1st business day when you posted). My transactions are still pending and not even posted. I know if transactions are still pending, theres no way AMEX will give me credit.

Okay. Update.

i called today and spoke with a CSR that was attentive to me and explained to me clearly why i hadn't yet received a credit, and also going into a little detail and giving example. she detailed in example that some of the cardmembers she had been looking over that some had received credit and that some had not; also that some customers, while receiving credit, STILL had not received email confirmation. i asked enough and received enough information from her to realize, that there has been quite a delay, while some had received confirmation, it will take at least a week for credit to post.

in addition to my discussion,  i checked to see if i had finally received credit on my hilton hhonors and i did.

last night was not so swell for me. the CSR i spoke with kind of make it clear to me he was not going to be consice with me and also made a strong impression, that not only did he not care about my inquiry, that the only way he could answer was that i will have to wait 6 to 8 weeks, and no other information was possible. in addition to that, i discovered my breville juicer was inoperable.  i was very upset with these two situations.

also, this evening, after work i decided to give my juicer another shot, and it fired up and was operable. it turns out i just needed to unplug my juicer for awhile.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 70 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.