Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems

Re: AMEX $25 "Shop Small" Statement Credit

oogy wrote:

SwiftTone wrote:
My girlfriend and I got all 3 of our credits within 2 days of the charge being posted.

Apparently the "list" they had were not definite eligible small businesses because one I went to first didn't even take amex

That's weird, I assumed that was how they came up with the list on their site... I wouldn't think it would be that difficult for them to filter it to only businesses that accept their cards.  I could be wrong though, maybe it's more complicated than I'm imagining.  It is a little odd though that they would even provide a list at all if the ones on their list aren't necessarily elligible.

I have run across businesses that were set up to accept American Express but "encouraged" me to pay with an alternate card if possible.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}