Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 2x points at homedepot.com warning

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX 2x points at homedepot.com warning

Apprently, if you buy something at homedepot.com and have it A: delivered like a dish washer or something or B: pick it up in store you will not get the points. Shows up as your local store as the purchase tag when you look at your statement. I ended up buying a powerwasher, and it got shipped from CA, and i got the bonus points for that, but nothing that comes from my local store. they said they are looking into it, but just in case.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 2x points at homedepot.com warning

That was difficult to read...  From what I understand, you made 2 purchases from the Home Depot online store?  One purchase was credited with double points and one was not?  

My suggestion, be cordial with your CC reps.  Instead of "Hi. I'm having this issue, fix it.", try "Hi, how's your day going today?  That's good to hear.  Yeah, there seems to be an issue with a promotion to earn double points at home depot, can you take a look into this for me please?"

The reps are people, you catch more flies with honey.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That was difficult to read...  From what I understand, you made 2 purchases from the Home Depot online store?  One purchase was credited with double points and one was not?  

My suggestion, be cordial with your CC reps.  Instead of "Hi. I'm having this issue, fix it.", try "Hi, how's your day going today?  That's good to hear.  Yeah, there seems to be an issue with a promotion to earn double points at home depot, can you take a look into this for me please?"

The reps are people, you catch more flies with honey.

That was my first observation too. Eesh, you're not talking to a robot. 

Message 3 of 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Definitely be nice and I'm sure they'll get it fixed for you. 

Also, you might need to edit that post and remove the CSR's name. MyFico doesn't like names. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.