Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3X CLI: Denial and Closures

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 3X CLI: Denial and Closures

It's been tough but it's something I can only grow from. I understand that closing cards at this very moment is probably not the best idea, so I'll definitely be patient and wait. Just under two years ago I began my rebuild and paid my past debt obligations, all in which turned in my favor because the collections were all removed. Was it hard? Absolutely!

Once my scores reached 680+ prime cards were attainable which resulted in closing cards I didn't need. My decision to eventually close out cards has little to do with a CLI denial. I'm humble in finally being able to have the choice in creating what credit cards I do want and need. The suggested cards I want to close I've outgrown or no longer need/use.

Next summer I'm hoping to make big changes. One being relocating from NY to VA & seeking better employment. I'm hoping my Bachelor's will make me more money so I can start living a decent life. I also hope to purchase a home in 2-3 years. With my credit improving I hope when I do apply for that mortgage I will be A-okay. I really appreciate all the input, its helped me from making a decision I would probably regret.

Message 11 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX 3X CLI: Denial and Closures

IMO its more score related than income. You can have CLs in excess of your income provided your scores are there (760+) and payment history on your accounts becomes older.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.