Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3X CLI - First Time and SPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX 3X CLI - First Time and SPs

My first AMEX 3X CLI is coming up in about 3 weeks.

I've been monitoring my EX scores and inquiries.

I noticed they SP'd on 9/22 and 9/28. My scores dropped about 5 points due to inqs.

My intial CL is $10k so I'm going for it and asking for the full $30k.

Question: Does AMEX look back at my 9/28 SP report or the most recent SP (assuming they pull another one within the next 2 - 2 1/2 weeks) or do they based my CLI on a SP the day I ask for it? btw, my util is less than 5%, high 600's, no lates.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX 3X CLI - First Time and SPs

Your aware of the possible FR?
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Yes.

And so what does that have to do with my question(s)?

Message 3 of 13
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

On October 1st I asked for $30k for my 61 day CLI.  They countered with $19,800 and I accepted.  I just checked my Experian report and Amex softed me that same day.

Looks like Chase and DirecTV also softed me on 10/1.  Not sure why DirecTV suddendly decided to check my credit.  I"ve only had an account with them since 1997....

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Middleswarth wrote:

On October 1st I asked for $30k for my 61 day CLI.  They countered with $19,800 and I accepted.  I just checked my Experian report and Amex softed me that same day.

Looks like Chase and DirecTV also softed me on 10/1.  Not sure why DirecTV suddendly decided to check my credit.  I"ve only had an account with them since 1997....

Thank you.

Btw, did you go online, did you live-chat or did you call with speak with a CSR?  How soon take your new CLI show up on your card?

Message 5 of 13
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Did it all online.  The message stated it would be available in 15 minutes.  I checked about an hour later and the increase was there.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 13
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

One other thing...

I got an email titled "Decision: Credit Limit Increase Request" that had a link to check my status (this was sent AFTER my instant approval).  I clicked on the link and it still said my approval was pending.  This is when I checked online and confirmed the increased limit was there. 

I just now clicked on the link again and it still says pending.  I think there's a bug in their system.

Message 7 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

Yes.

And so what does that have to do with my question(s)?

Nothing, just a friendly heads up. I guess we know better not to now.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Middleswarth wrote:

One other thing...

I got an email titled "Decision: Credit Limit Increase Request" that had a link to check my status (this was sent AFTER my instant approval).  I clicked on the link and it still said my approval was pending.  This is when I checked online and confirmed the increased limit was there. 

I just now clicked on the link again and it still says pending.  I think there's a bug in their system.

@Anonymous @Middleswwarth -- very helpful information to preapre me for the next step. Congrats on your CLI!!!  Man Very Happy

Message 9 of 13
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I was going to say it was a friendly heads up.. And possibly suggest 24000 if you were going to play it safe and was questioning your eligibility but go for it, but don't complain if you lose and have to deal with the paperwork. Caveat emptor! And for family members 3x they did another SP on the day of approval. Thankless and ungrateful. Was just trying to explain the consequences but feel free to go for broke
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.