Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3X CLI

tag
DerekD
New Contributor

AMEX 3X CLI

So I thought I'd post about this one more time cause i got a few different responses. Im currently 19 years old with annual income of 36k. I have amex BCE with 3k limit and I also have the new amex everyday card with a 10k limit. Im looking to do the CLI on the 61 day mark and was wondering if I should request it on my Amex BCE for 9k or the Amex eceryday card for 25k? 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX 3X CLI

I believe the 61 day CLI is in place for whatever card you app for. All other CLIs are 6 months in between each CLI per the particular card.

(Or at least that is my understanding.)
Message 2 of 22
DerekD
New Contributor

Right but I applied for these cards within about a week of each other. So my question is which one should I request the cli for?

Message 3 of 22
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

I would go w/ the BCE for $9k. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 22
DerekD
New Contributor

Yes so far that's what in leaning towards but I can't help but want that big CL and I figured if I got it then I could transfer some of that limit over to the BCE right?
Message 5 of 22
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

After 13 months you can reallocate CLs.

I would CLI the card that I would use the most and make me the most money.

Message 6 of 22
fungoman
Regular Contributor

Do not be scared of asking for the full 30k if you do ask on that card. The 25k trigger a FR theory is way overblown. I dont know how high they will go given a 36k income, but who knows.

Message 7 of 22
H4LO
Established Contributor

@DerekD wrote:

So I thought I'd post about this one more time cause i got a few different responses. Im currently 19 years old with annual income of 36k. I have amex BCE with 3k limit and I also have the new amex everyday card with a 10k limit. Im looking to do the CLI on the 61 day mark and was wondering if I should request it on my Amex BCE for 9k or the Amex eceryday card for 25k? 

Do it on the 25K. 

Get the 4506T out of the way. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 8 of 22
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@DerekD wrote:

So I thought I'd post about this one more time cause i got a few different responses.

Of course you will.  It's subjecitve matter.  Determine your priorities and act on them versus polling others who may have entirely different priorities.  If maxing out your limits trumps all else then request the CLI on the higher limit card.  However, I'd also suggest 3x'ing the card that is more useful to you.

@fungoman wrote:

The 25k trigger a FR theory is way overblown.

People also tend to refer to income verification (which is common at $25K+ with AmEx) with an FR.  The two are entirely different even though they both involve the 4506-T.

Message 9 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@fungoman wrote:

The 25k trigger a FR theory is way overblown.

People also tend to refer to income verification (which is common at $25K+ credit with AmEx) with an FR.  The two are entirely different even though they both involve the 4506-T.

I think it's actually very UNCOMMON, it just keeps being repeated on this board and makes it seem common.

OP, I would request the CLI on your bigger Everyday card.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.