Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3X CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX 3X CLI

REP told me yesterday its 90 days wait but ive red here its 60, which one is it?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX 3X CLI

Is it a new card? If so then anytime will work although more history is better.. If you were recently denied then it is 90 days from the last denial date.  If you were approved for a CLI then it is 180 days from last approved CLI.  Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

couldnt have helped any more, Smiley Wink

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Is it a new card? If so then anytime will work although more history is better.. If you were recently denied then it is 90 days from the last denial date.  If you were approved for a CLI then it is 180 days from last approved CLI.  Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Glad to be of help.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received my 1st statement about 3 days ago for my BCP, so I have to wait a few days after my 2nd statement to ask for my 3x CLI? 61days or more?

Message 5 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received my 1st statement about 3 days ago for my BCP, so I have to wait a few days after my 2nd statement to ask for my 3x CLI? 61days or more?

Probably longer than that if you want to wait 61 days. My recent experience with AMEX has them issuing the statement less than 30 days after approval, sometimes just a couple of weeks.

When was your card approval? That is the key date (if you want to get down to the gnat's eyelash, which I would not)

And the 61 days is just a guideline for best results, it's not a hard rule in AMEX.

The rules are:

If denied a requested CLI, then you have to wait 90 days to try again,

and once you get a CLI on ANY AMEX revolver you have, then ALL AMEX revolvers wait 180 days before ANY of them can request a CLI, even new cards apped after that CLI.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably longer than that if you want to wait 61 days. My recent experience with AMEX has them issuing the statement less than 30 days after approval, sometimes just a couple of weeks.

When was your card approval? That is the key date (if you want to get down to the gnat's eyelash, which I would not)

And the 61 days is just a guideline for best results, it's not a hard rule in AMEX.

The rules are:

and once you get a CLI on ANY AMEX revolver you have, then ALL AMEX revolvers wait 180 days before ANY of them can request a CLI, even new cards apped after that CLI.

I applied and got approved 9/18/15 for my BCP, my 1st statement ended 10/14/15 as per my statement from Amex. So, I have to count from 9/18/15 of my approval date to get to 61 days?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The rules are:

I applied and got approved 9/18/15 for my BCP, my 1st statement ended 10/14/15 as per my statement from Amex. So, I have to count from 9/18/15 of my approval date to get to 61 days?

The 61 day thing for first CLI no longer applies. You can hit it up right out of the gate and if your profile supports the increase, you'll get it.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The rules are:

The 61 day thing for first CLI no longer applies. You can hit it up right out of the gate and if your profile supports the increase, you'll get it.

Thank you Captool Smiley Happy. I also asked this question on the other AMex thread : "Thank you. Will it affect the request for CLI for my BCP since I also have the PRG? Right now I do have about $248 balance on my BCP and abour $400 on my PRG currently." Any thoughts?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.