Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3X CLI

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX 3X CLI

@Creditaddict wrote:

I think it's actually very UNCOMMON, it just keeps being repeated on this board and makes it seem common. 

We can post what we think all we want but without any hard evidence it's impossible to say for certain one way or another.  Unfortunately all we have to work with is aggregated anecdotal evidence posted here and that certainly skews things.

FWIW I ran into it myself attempting to go from $31.9K total credit to $45K but one data point doesn't really mean much on its own.  I'm not saying that $25K is a hard limit since I exceeded that without a 4506-T but that's why I said "$25K+".

Message 11 of 22
Weights
Regular Contributor

@DerekD wrote:

So I thought I'd post about this one more time cause i got a few different responses. Im currently 19 years old with annual income of 36k. I have amex BCE with 3k limit and I also have the new amex everyday card with a 10k limit. Im looking to do the CLI on the 61 day mark and was wondering if I should request it on my Amex BCE for 9k or the Amex eceryday card for 25k? 

My advice is to ask for the full $30k on the Everyday card, and here's why.  If AMEX will give you an increase, just not the full amount sought, they'll counteroffer you, at which point, you can choose to accept or decline the offer.  You stand a bigger chance of getting a higher all across line on the Everyday account, which not only looks even better for your credit profile, but helps with the utilization.  Remeber, like others said, you can always reallocate some of that limit to the BCE later on if desired.  Not everyone who asks for more than $25k gets asked for the 4506-T.  I, for example, got offered an increase to $26.6K w/o being asked.  It's a YMMV scneario.  Also, it's important to remeber that even if you do get asked, this is NOT the same as a FR, because you can just simply decline to send in the document, and no further consideration will be given to your CLI request, yet you can still make charges on the account.  In a FR, all your accounts are suspended from new charges and sending the documentation is mandatory to avoid the likely prospect that your accounts will be closed if you don't.  

Let us know how it goes, and best of luck!

Message 12 of 22
H4LO
Established Contributor

The only reason why I mentioned it is because I call BS on the 36K being a 19 year old.

I think someone's fudging the numbers and if AMEX catches wind of it...

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 13 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think $36k is doable at 19. Some people WORK HARD in life.

I make more than most of my peers, and it's because I've worked most of my way through college and have the experience.

I think the FR after $25k is overblown.

I say go for the full 3xcli on the higher limit card. Amex will counteroffer, and if they ask for tax dox, you should be ready to provide or close the accounts. Just choices you have to make.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 22
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

The only reason why I mentioned it is because I call BS on the 36K being a 19 year old.

This has to be trolling, 36K is an entry level job for many new people entering the job market especially out of HS or just starting college. Anything less would be someone being lazy or just not that smart.

Message 15 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

bhaahahaha I didn't want to be so blunt, but agreed @ACsteel

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 22
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

@bhaahahaha I didn't want to be so blunt, but agreed @ACsteel

Robot LOL

Message 17 of 22
john398
Senior Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

I think some 19 yo can make a lot more than 36k a year just depends what industry they are in, so I do not think we should pick on the OP

Message 18 of 22
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

I think $36k is doable at 19. Some people WORK HARD in life.

I make more than most of my peers, and it's because I've worked most of my way through college and have the experience.

I think the FR after $25k is overblown.

I say go for the full 3xcli on the higher limit card. Amex will counteroffer, and if they ask for tax dox, you should be ready to provide or close the accounts. Just choices you have to make.

I agree that 25K may be over blown, but I am fairly convinced 35k total exposure is a trigger for verification of income with AMEX.  

When I went for my last 3X would have pushed my total limits to 36K.  AMEX sent me the 4056 T form asking to review my taxes (not a FR just verification).  I did not wish to supply so I called the number on the form, and the rep asked me if I wished to try for a lower amount.  I asked their thoughts and she shared that “in her experience” if I asked for $1001.00 less then the tax forms would not be needed.  

I lowered and now I have a total combined revolving credit limit of 34,999 with no tax docs.  My Credit scores are all 790+ and my income is 121K.  I also have a 9 year relationship with AMEX.  If they asked for my verification I would assume with only a 36K income and a very short relationship this would occur to the OP.  

Message 19 of 22
Chris679
Established Contributor

Transferring from one account to the other is a non issue. At the 13 month point you will be on CLI number three anyway and won't need to. My vote remains for the 9k. You're 19 yrs old you don't need a 25-30k limit. I don't doubt that your income is real but did you make that much last year. If not and they want verification for this huge line then you are SOL with no increase at all.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.