cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3x CLI Question (yes I know about the thread)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX 3x CLI Question (yes I know about the thread)

I have the EDP at $10.5k right now and the BCE at 15k.

What (do you think) are my odds of getting approved for 24.5k on the EDP without having to send in my tax information? Should I just go for the full 31.5k?

I make 70k a year, I just wanted people's opinions as we do not know for sure when they ask for that information.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 3x CLI Question (yes I know about the thread)

I tend to think once you go over 25k, they start asking questions.
Message 2 of 11
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I tend to think once you go over 25k, they start asking questions.

+1 on this...I think you can ask but don't be surprised if they have questions.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

But I'm already over 25k...

Message 4 of 11
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok completely confused here...I was going off of your starting line of: I have the EDP at $10.5k right now and the BCE at 15k.

I thought you were trying to go 3x on the EDP which would take you over 25k CL?   Give more details.... 

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tonya-E wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok completely confused here...I was going off of your starting line of: I have the EDP at $10.5k right now and the BCE at 15k.

I thought you were trying to go 3x on the EDP which would take you over 25k CL?   Give more details.... 

I thoguht you meant in total credit line with Amex. I have 10.5k and 15k on two cards total. So you think I should just do 24.5k on the EDP? I am just wondering if it will put up any red flags with multiple cards totaling almost 40k.

Message 6 of 11
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tonya-E wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thoguht you meant in total credit line with Amex. I have 10.5k and 15k on two cards total. So you think I should just do 24.5k on the EDP? I am just wondering if it will put up any red flags with multiple cards totaling almost 40k.

Ah ok...I got it now.  I think that applies to each card.  I think over 25k on an individual card can raise red flags.  I don't think you should try for more than 25k on any invidual Amex card. But that is my opinion on it. Others here may have a different experience.....

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a BCE in january with a 10.5k starting limit. A couple weeks ago I got approved for an increase to 30k with no problems with a reported income of 50k.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally speaking, 25k+ on a single card they may start asking for proof.  As always YMMV

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When they ask for proof, is it a one time thing? Or once you're over that threshold are they going to keep bugging you for proof of income every year?

I wouldn't mind providing proof once. But if it becomes an ongoing hassle it'd annoy me. No credit card is worth an ongoing hassle.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.