Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3x CLI... Should I wait?

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

AMEX 3x CLI... Should I wait?

So back in January I did quite a bit credit wise. I refinanced one car loan, took a second car loan, applied for Penfed Visa, and applied for a Delta Gold. I also managed to get a cli on my Cap1. In February GE gave me a cli on my Paypal MC. The last time AMEX did a soft pull the only things that had reported were the second car loan and the Delta card. At this point everything except for the Penfed card has reported. Utilization has been under 10% the whole time. Do you guys think I should wait until they soft me again or just go for it? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX 3x CLI... Should I wait?

It just worked for me and my utilization was in the 50s

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Just go for it!!!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

All they can do is say 'no'. 

Im sure you'll be fine!

Message 4 of 7
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I'm close to 70 days and Amex still hasn't SP'd me twice. So you could be waiting for a long time...

I went for it on day 61 and received the full 3x CLI with 2 other brand new accounts and over 10% Util Showing at the time of my first SP. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 5 of 7
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Hey guys, I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to update. I asked on the 9th and got the 7-10 day message. So it's no cli for me... I can't say for sure, but I think the second car loan is what killed my chances. I'll update again when the letter get's here if the reason is something else.

Message 6 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

I'm close to 70 days and Amex still hasn't SP'd me twice. So you could be waiting for a long time...

I went for it on day 61 and received the full 3x CLI with 2 other brand new accounts and over 10% Util Showing at the time of my first SP. 

Hey Snack!

Where do you use to see soft pulls?
Can I still use annualcreditreport.com if I used it in less than 1 year ago? 

I don't have an Experian rejection letter, but I signed up for their credit monitoring. Does that show soft pulls?
What other sources can I use to see soft pulls w/o having to file any dispute?

Thanks!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.