Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 3x?

tag
Reincarnated
New Contributor

AMEX 3x?

Hey everyone!

So I just recently got an AMEX (TrueEarnings Costco), and was wondering if I should even try for the CLI of 3x after the 60 day grace period.

The same day I got approved, I also stupidly took 2 additional hard pulls in hopes of getting approved for a Freedom.

I'm sure those 2 hard pulls will affect my score to some extent, so I was wondering if I should maybe ask for a 2x increase instead of 3x? I'm going to keep my AMEX balance stricly at the $100 mark out of the $2k through early payments. I will be paying the balance in full each cycle.

Thanks for reading!

Chase Freedom $1,000 // Discover It $3,100 // SallieMae World $4,400 // Capital One Quicksilver $5,000 // Citibank Double Cash $5,000 // AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $6,000 // AMEX Blue Cash Everyday $21,000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX 3x?

@Reincarnated wrote:

Hey everyone!

So I just recently got an AMEX (TrueEarnings Costco), and was wondering if I should even try for the CLI of 3x after the 60 day grace period.

The same day I got approved, I also stupidly took 2 additional hard pulls in hopes of getting approved for a Freedom.

I'm sure those 2 hard pulls will affect my score to some extent, so I was wondering if I should maybe ask for a 2x increase instead of 3x? I'm going to keep my AMEX balance stricly at the $100 mark out of the $2k through early payments. I will be paying the balance in full each cycle.

Thanks for reading!

It's a soft pull. It won't hurt you. Do the 3x CLI.

Message 2 of 3
1_2
Contributor

Re: AMEX 3x?

Yes, ask for 3x. I did mine yesterday and for some reason I cant explain I only asked for 2x. I was chicken to ask for 3x, but anyway I was immediatly approved and could have kicked myself for not asking for the 3x limit increase. UGH! Don't be a chicken like me.  lol.

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.