Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 61 day CLI in relation to App Spree

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

AMEX 61 day CLI in relation to App Spree

So AMEX Delta and BCE were the Ist two cards I obtained in my app spree at the beginning of March. I have added 5 other TLs in addition to my two AMEX. My EX scores is now -18 from when I was initially approved (due to all the new INQ/TL).

I'm going for an 3x CLI with the Delta in a couple days...my question is will all my recent TLs be a red flag for denial? My UTL is good ($0 reporting on everything except for Lowes because I took advantage of a 18 mos at 0% promotion to carpet part of my house). Overall UTL is 9%. I have put heavy use on both AMEX and PIF everything.

Also... I have the money to pay Lowes in full...should I pay and let report before applying for the CLI with AMEX, or is 9% an "tolerable" level of debt ?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 day CLI in relation to App Spree

It's a long shot,

but with your util, you should at least get some kind of cli.

I got 2 3xcli from Amex, but I was completely new account and app free for like 5-6 months.

Now Amex denies me for any little reason when I try to get a cli, but I've gotten 30k+ outta them LOL

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 3
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX 61 day CLI in relation to App Spree

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

It's a long shot,

but with your util, you should at least get some kind of cli.

I got 2 3xcli from Amex, but I was completely new account and app free for like 5-6 months.

Now Amex denies me for any little reason when I try to get a cli, but I've gotten 30k+ outta them LOL

Thx youngandcreditwrthy.  I won't hold my breath.  

I will be asking for a 2K to 6K (which would put it around where my other card's limits are).  But they may see all my recent new TL's and wonder why I would need/want more.  

I actually don't 'need' more, but it would be nice to have the Delta Skymiles (now with no FTF!) with a decent limit to complement my BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig for my trip to Europe this summer.  I know AMEX is less widely accepted in the EU, but I should be able to use it some in Paris and Rome, and also with car rentals...

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.