Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 61 days

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

AMEX 61 days

Just call to confirm my account opened since Sep 17, so today is my 61 days but dont know whether i should ask for increase or not cause i saw several posts said Amex HP recently. My EX FICO is 720, 10 opened accounts including 3 authorized user account.5/10 have balances and uti 7.2%. No baddies ever. So what do you guys think my chances of getting approved?from 2k to 6k?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Milkey

Re: AMEX 61 days

@bigbang91 wrote:

Just call to confirm my account opened since Sep 17, so today is my 61 days but dont know whether i should ask for increase or not cause i saw several posts said Amex HP recently. My EX FICO is 720, 10 opened accounts including 3 authorized user account.5/10 have balances and uti 7.2%. No baddies ever. So what do you guys think my chances of getting approved?from 2k to 6k?

What have you got to lose? IMHO you'll either be denied or approved for 3x CLI or less.... regardless, you'll be eligible for another CLI in six months. If you want to be extra safe and can afford it, pay off as many of the accounts with balances as you can, then give it time to reflect on your credit reports and report to AMX before requesting the CLI.

Message 2 of 10
bigbang91
Established Contributor

A HP and a denial in worst case scenario lol! The balances is all on cards that I'm authorized user,all my cards have no balance except 1.Ppl say Amex starts to HP for CLI
Message 3 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The hp was from one user. When did they so you?

Edit s/b SP
Message 4 of 10
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Sorry lexie what is SO?
Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 10
Milkey

@bigbang91 wrote:
A HP and a denial in worst case scenario lol! The balances is all on cards that I'm authorized user,all my cards have no balance except 1.Ppl say Amex starts to HP for CLI

If you go through the CLI link or call a rep, it will be a SP. If that is your main concern, talk to a live rep and tell them that you only want to request the CLI if it's a SP. If for some reason they need a HP, the rep will let you know and you can refuse it at that point.  At 61 days I went through a rep; six months later I just used the CLI link in my account. It was only a SP for each, no HPs.

Message 7 of 10
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

I'd say you have a good chance, make sure to apply with a 0 balance on the card your applying for the CLI. Chances of HP for AMEX CLI are probably pretty rare. Good luck!

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 8 of 10
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

I'd say you have a good chance, make sure to apply with a 0 balance on the card your applying for the CLI. Chances of HP for AMEX CLI are probably pretty rare. Good luck!

the balance on my Amex right now is -15.95$ lol

Message 9 of 10
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Have no idea! I meant SP. Lol

Last I checked 11/05. They SP me every 7-8 days since 10/07, so I assume they last SP me on 11/12, and perhap next SP 11/19. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.