Regular Contributor
MMart078

AMEX AA from New Application

Does anyone know if American Express will take adverse action on current accounts from an application for a new credit card, IF said applicants credit is not as good as it was on initial approval?

Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: AMEX AA from New Application

yes, it is possible for a new amex app to prompt AA (which may've been coming in any case.)

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Super Contributor
DI

MMart078 wrote:

Does anyone know if American Express will take adverse action on current accounts from an application for a new credit card, IF said applicants credit is not as good as it was on initial approval?

If you currently have an active AMEX account they more than likely review your credit reports during its account reviews.  If there was something that significantly stood out, they would have already addressed it.  Check to see if AMEX has soft pulled any of your reports 

Contributor
daytrade5

MMart078 wrote:

I applied for the Amex Blue Cash only a short time after I was approved for the Amex Zync ( while I was suppose to be gardening ) & was denied. My credit had changed only due to the inquires & i've heard nothing from them. I do have some new accounts that hit my report recently, so we'll see how that goes. But other than, everything is the same when I initally applied. I'll keep you updated if someone should come knocking. :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
MMart078

DI wrote:

MMart078 wrote:

If you currently have an active AMEX account they more than likely review your credit reports during its account reviews.  If there was something that significantly stood out, they would have already addressed it.  Check to see if AMEX has soft pulled any of your reports 

no they have not softed me not once on any of my reports, just pulled all three, but I also have a zync with autopay so i am not sure if that addresses some of their concerns.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+