Did you mean: 

AMEX APR% reduction ..

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX APR% reduction ..

@lg8302ch wrote:

Is this the one you were looking for?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Apr-reduction/m-p/3905167#M1090348

Yeppers Smiley Happy...  Use this one for now lol.. Mods can merge if they would like.  Thanks for finding it! Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 61
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Representative wrote:

: Your APR for new purchases is a variable rate, currently 14.24% Your APR for Cash Advances is a variable rate, currently 25.24%.

: I have checked and currently your account is at the most competent APR offered by American Express. So, the system does not allow a lower APR at the moment.

: However, I am placing a note on the account about your request to lower APR for review. We review accounts periodically. So, you can check back with us later to see if there is a lower APR available for you.

.....Gee thanks.

Hmmm suprised they wouldn't lower it...  Alot of people have been having luck, granted you got a decent rate, but I think they have aittle wiggle room imo.  I was suprised to get it, not being with them for long and my subpar EX score!    Wonder if they softed me just there or used an old soft... 

Message 22 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Representative wrote:

: Your APR for new purchases is a variable rate, currently 14.24% Your APR for Cash Advances is a variable rate, currently 25.24%.

: I have checked and currently your account is at the most competent APR offered by American Express. So, the system does not allow a lower APR at the moment.

: However, I am placing a note on the account about your request to lower APR for review. We review accounts periodically. So, you can check back with us later to see if there is a lower APR available for you.

.....Gee thanks.

Hmmm suprised they wouldn't lower it...  Alot of people have been having luck, granted you got a decent rate, but I think they have aittle wiggle room imo.  I was suprised to get it, not being with them for long and my subpar EX score!    Wonder if they softed me just there or used an old soft... 

It was 17.24 for the better part of 6 years. Smiley Indifferent

Message 23 of 61
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Apr-reduction/m-p/3905167#M1090348

Yeppers Smiley Happy...  Use this one for now lol.. Mods can merge if they would like.  Thanks for finding it! Smiley Happy

The easiest way to find your own posts is to click on your user name, look at the latest posts and on the bottom  right you have  "view all" and there you go...it was not that far down Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 61
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

The easiest way to find your own posts is to click on your user name, look at the latest posts and on the bottom  right you have  "view all" and there you go...it was not that far down Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 61
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Two threads are now one.

Message 26 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Two threads are now one.

Mazel Tov!

Message 27 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So I started a thread a few days ago, can't find it now, thus creating another one...  I asked if people were sucessful on lowering their APR%'s on AMEX cards..  I never carry a balance persay, but hey if you got to you mise well have the best terms right?  So I put in a request on my Delta card to get the APR reduced along with asking when I can try for my CLI again which will be the 9th btw.. And I won, got my APR reduced, hopeuflly that means AMEX likes me as it was system generated and the CSR couldn't do anything about it, so hoping for the 3x on my ED card as well on the 9th which wil be my 90 days.. Anyways, see Chat log below of discussion, you never know unless you try!

Ray: You can ask me as many questions you can.
you: Any chance I can get a better APR on the Delta as well? I try to always get the best APR with all my cards... I know someone that just recently got theirs dropped to the 12.7 range
you: Gotta ask, never know unless you trySmiley Happy
Ray: Greg, I will definitely make a try for you. I hope the system lets me bring it down.
Ray: Please note that if the system denies then I am helpless on this.
you: I understand, worth a try!
Ray: Thank you so much for your understanding.
Ray: (Smile)
Ray: Greg, we won!
Ray: I got an excellent news for you.
you: woot Smiley Happy
Ray: We are changing your standard APR for Purchases from a rate of
Ray: Prime+15.99% , which is currently 19.24% to a rate of
Ray: Prime+12.99%, which is currently 16.24%.

I just finished a chat with Amex and they reduced my APR on my Delta Skymiles card to 14.24%, I did not know that I had a high APR 17.24% ( since I paid in full) , but it is nice to have a low APR in case I need to carry a balance.

Message 28 of 61
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Grats Mia!

Message 29 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Grats Mia!

Thanks, I did not know it was possible with Amex Smiley Wink, I will be contacting them every 3 months from now on... Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.