Did you mean: 

AMEX - AU Backdating - Fact!

tag
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX - AU Backdating - Fact!

Were you a AU since 1990?

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 11 of 55
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So my AMEX finally reported the first one I have on my own...  I have been an AU on my parents own AMEX card since 1990.. Here is the results to clear up any confusion..

I applied 12/11/2014...

My report shows it OPENED ON : 12/11/1990

So yes AU's at least in my case do get backdated!!   I was so confused as one person say this and one person says that... It is a fact I got 24 or 25 years of extra credit history.. Thank you AMEX

Yes Amex will backdate to the time you first became an AU. Congrats Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 55
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@coldnmn wrote:

Were you a AU since 1990?

Yes I was on an Amex Gold

Message 13 of 55
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@-Wade- wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

So my AMEX finally reported the first one I have on my own...  I have been an AU on my parents own AMEX card since 1990.. Here is the results to clear up any confusion..

I applied 12/11/2014...

So yes AU's at least in my case do get backdated!!   I was so confused as one person say this and one person says that... It is a fact I got 24 or 25 years of extra credit history.. Thank you AMEX

Yes Amex will backdate to the time you first became an AU. Congrats Smiley Happy

Agree, but people have different view points on this on this forum and have been tons of confusion.  That is why I posted this post, just to inform people.  I have heard other rumors that people added as AU after 2011 or whatever no longer get this benefit, but honestly I have no idea w/regards to this as there is so much confusion on this whole subject and I just wanted to clear up a bit of it.

Message 14 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX - AU Backdating

I have credit history from when I was 6. I believe it's a Boa back date but I'm not 100% certain on that, it could be Chase.

Message 15 of 55
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX - AU Backdating

AMEX is the only company that that has the ability to backdate (still don't understand why this is), although that surely helped your score being and AU. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 55
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I applied 12/11/2014...

Agree, but people have different view points on this on this forum and have been tons of confusion.  That is why I posted this post, just to inform people.  I have heard other rumors that people added as AU after 2011 or whatever no longer get this benefit, but honestly I have no idea w/regards to this as there is so much confusion on this whole subject and I just wanted to clear up a bit of it.

Ya a lot of people believe they get backdated to the original card holder. Nice of your parents to do that Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 17 of 55
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I can't wait for 6 more years at the soonest to have them!!! I was AU on my parents from 1989-2000, then had my own card in 2002 for several years!! I'll have a backdate (when I'm able to have them again) of probably 30 yrs!! I can't wait! CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 18 of 55
matthew2115
New Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I applied 12/11/2014...

That's awesome, congrats!  I just wish it worked the other way around.  New cardholders get backdated to their oldest MSD, including AU dates like you - but new AUs (who have never held an Amex card) do NOT get backdated to the cardholder's MSD.  I believe that they used to once upon a time, but no longer.  I added my BF as an AU on my BCP (my MSD is 2001), and his MSD and reported date is the date I made him an AU in 2014.  I wonder - if you added someone as an AU, would they get backdated if THEY once held an Amex or were an AU elsewhere?

EX08: 841 | TU08: 841
EQ08 (Bankcard Enhanced) 844 (out of 900)
FAKO TU: 803
Vantage 3.0 - TU: 817 - EQ: 818
Message 19 of 55
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@matthew2115 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I applied 12/11/2014...

That's awesome, congrats!  I just wish it worked the other way around.  New cardholders get backdated to their oldest MSD, including AU dates like you - but new AUs (who have never held an Amex card) do NOT get backdated to the cardholder's MSD.  I believe that they used to once upon a time, but no longer.  I added my BF as an AU on my BCP (my MSD is 2001), and his MSD and reported date is the date I made him an AU in 2014.  I wonder - if you added someone as an AU, would they get backdated if THEY once held an Amex or were an AU elsewhere?

They should get the backdate

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.