Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AU? No SSN needed.

tag
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

AMEX AU? No SSN needed.

When I called to add my dad to my new Cash Preferred card, the CSR said she only need his name & birthday. I told her I only have his SSN. She said no, she need his birthday.

Is this weird for AMEX? My dad's address is different than mine so I'm worry that it will not report to his CR. I remember I added him to my Blue card before with his SSN.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX AU? No SSN needed.

Try adding him online

When I looked into adding my GF it just asked for her SSN

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 13
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

I tried to add him online but It won't let me. I got the system outage, please call message.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 3 of 13
Zar
Regular Contributor

I added my wife back in November without SSN, just her name and birthday... Two weeks ago I called the Amex Credit Services and they told me they don't need the SSN to start reporting credit information but they need names and birthdays... Also they recommend to me to pull her credit reports but we haven't done it yet. Maybe someone with more information can shed some light on this.

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 13
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

lol no offense but it cracks me up that you know your dads SSN# but not his birthday

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Message 5 of 13
Achase
Regular Contributor

lol i thought the same thing

@drsmith wrote:

lol no offense but it cracks me up that you know your dads SSN# but not his birthday

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Message 6 of 13
hammertime
New Contributor

They also soft EX for authorized users.  DW added me back in December and sure enough they softed EX.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

When DD added an AU two months ago, AmEx required a SSN. 

I figure they can have whatever they want - birthday - SSN - it's all okay.  AmEx seems to have several mysteries in the way they get things done.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 13
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

@drsmith wrote:

Haha. I live in CA and my parents are in GA. I just don't want to add him to the card and it ends up not reporting. By the way, I memorised my dad's, mom's, sister's birthdays and SSNs... I even have official copies of their bith certificates. Smiley Very Happy

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just PCd from Amex Blue to Amex Blue Cash Everyday, and added AU. 

They asked following info to me:

• AU's Name
  • AU's B.D
  • AU's SSN
  • Mailing Address for a new card
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.