Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AU Util Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX AU Util Question

My younger brother is a freshman in college and killing it academically getting a full ride for all 4 years while he's there. our parents aren't the best financial examples, so I want to help him get started.

I'm thinking about adding him as an AU on my Delta AMEX so I can give him a small limit around $500-$1000 (keeping in mind if he does the typical college student move and makes charges he can't afford, I can easily cover it without any issues).

So my question is this, if I give him a 1k limit, but charge 700 on my card, does that reflect on his util on his report? Or would AMEX only report balance and util based on the use on his card?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX AU Util Question

@Anonymous wrote:
My younger brother is a freshman in college and killing it academically getting a full ride for all 4 years while he's there. our parents aren't the best financial examples, so I want to help him get started.

I'm thinking about adding him as an AU on my Delta AMEX so I can give him a small limit around $500-$1000 (keeping in mind if he does the typical college student move and makes charges he can't afford, I can easily cover it without any issues).

So my question is this, if I give him a 1k limit, but charge 700 on my card, does that reflect on his util on his report? Or would AMEX only report balance and util based on the use on his card?

Their going to report your overall limit and utilization.  His 'limit' is for internal purposes and just a way to protect yourself

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX AU Util Question

Sweet, thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.