Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AU question

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AMEX AU question

Will AMEX put the credit of the person i am trying to add as AU?? My DW's credit is not good and i'm not trying to have any craziness if they pull her credit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX AU question

I don't believe so becasue you are still responsible for the account and any charges made by the AU.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

no credit pulls in my experience

Message 3 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

I don't believe so becasue you are still responsible for the account and any charges made by the AU.

Do you know definitively?? I need a solid answer. Thanks!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

Will AMEX put the credit of the person i am trying to add as AU?? My DW's credit is not good and i'm not trying to have any craziness if they pull her credit.

AFAIK might since the AC is responisble for their own charges (AC with Amex isn't quite like AU's with every other lender espnjunkie); however, many people who had the exact same concern here have stated it turned out to be a non-issue regardless of the other person's credit profile.  

I don't remember explicitly one way or the other what people reported though with regards to an inquiry.

        
Message 5 of 15
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

How can additional cardholders be responsible for their own charges without having his/her own account? I thought all the charges were still the responsibility of the primary cardholder.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU's can setup their own online account and pay for charges. However, ultimately, it is the primary cardholder's responsibility to pay charges if the AU does not.

Message 7 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@espnjunkie wrote:

How can additional cardholders be responsible for their own charges without having his/her own account? I thought all the charges were still the responsibility of the primary cardholder.

It's explicitly in the card holder agreement.  I don't have it in front of me, but I read it when my Zync arrived and it was identical to what people had been reporting here over time with respect to Additional Cardholders (Amexese for AU).

Edit: JD's correct in his statement too, if the AC flakes, you still get to foot the bill, but the first responsibility for payment is with the AC.  

        
Message 8 of 15
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

I can't say for AMEX but for Chase they do not. I can confirm this since I am an AU on DW Chase.

Message 9 of 15
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

"

By submitting this application, you are requesting that we issue an Additional Card(s) on your Account to the individual(s) whose name(s) appear(s) on the reverse side.

We may change the Cardmember Agreement subject to applicable law. We may do this in response to the business, legal, or competitive environment. Changes to some terms may require 45 days advance notice, and we will tell you in the notice if you have the right to reject a change. We cannot change certain terms during the first year of your Cardmembership.

Additional Card members do not have accounts with us but they can use your Account subject to the terms of the Cardmember Agreement. You are responsible for all use of your Account by Additional Card members and anyone they allow to use your Account. You must pay for all charges they make. You authorize us to give Additional Card members information about your Account and to discuss it with them.

Only qualified individuals 15 or over may be approved for an Additional Card."

This is straight from the American Express website for terms and conditions of the BCP card.

TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.