Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: AMEX AU question

espnjunkie wrote:

"

By submitting this application, you are requesting that we issue an Additional Card(s) on your Account to the individual(s) whose name(s) appear(s) on the reverse side.

We may change the Cardmember Agreement subject to applicable law. We may do this in response to the business, legal, or competitive environment. Changes to some terms may require 45 days advance notice, and we will tell you in the notice if you have the right to reject a change. We cannot change certain terms during the first year of your Cardmembership.

Additional Card members do not have accounts with us but they can use your Account subject to the terms of the Cardmember Agreement. You are responsible for all use of your Account by Additional Card members and anyone they allow to use your Account. You must pay for all charges they make. You authorize us to give Additional Card members information about your Account and to discuss it with them.

Only qualified individuals 15 or over may be approved for an Additional Card."

This is straight from the American Express website for terms and conditions of the BCP card.

So this would mean no pull on credit??

I set her up on my Cap1 card today, I think i'm just going to leave it at that.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
espnjunkie

They would not pull any credit for additional cards. This pretty clearly states that you are solely responsible for any charges made. Is very clear cut wording as to how it works.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), US Bank Business
TU-778 (04/28/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Frequent Contributor
jd5189

My wife had no HP's for all 3 of my amex cards I added her to

In my wallet: Amex PRG & Zync, Amex BCE (19.2k), Chase Freedom (5k), PSECU Visa/PSL (20k)
Current Scores: Equifax: 738 (Fako) TransUnion: 721 (Fico) Experian: 717 (Fico)
Disclaimer: I am by no means a financial advisor. My posts are based on opinion, experience, and/or knowledge.
Revelate

espnjunkie wrote:

"

By submitting this application, you are requesting that we issue an Additional Card(s) on your Account to the individual(s) whose name(s) appear(s) on the reverse side.

We may change the Cardmember Agreement subject to applicable law. We may do this in response to the business, legal, or competitive environment. Changes to some terms may require 45 days advance notice, and we will tell you in the notice if you have the right to reject a change. We cannot change certain terms during the first year of your Cardmembership.

Additional Card members do not have accounts with us but they can use your Account subject to the terms of the Cardmember Agreement. You are responsible for all use of your Account by Additional Card members and anyone they allow to use your Account. You must pay for all charges they make. You authorize us to give Additional Card members information about your Account and to discuss it with them.

Only qualified individuals 15 or over may be approved for an Additional Card."

This is straight from the American Express website for terms and conditions of the BCP card.

Hrm, apparently I need to be smarter about my diet as my mental acquity is just too low when hungry; however, I'm not cerrtain this invalides what has been stated on this forum time and again regarding Amex's AC policies other than to confirm that you are indeed the bagholder if your AC flakes.  May be some difference too on age, certainly a 15 year old isn't liable (or at least legally enforceable I think) on that, and may have changed with the CARD Act.

Possible we're regurgitating outdated information.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
thom02099

LS2982 wrote:

Will AMEX put the credit of the person i am trying to add as AU?? My DW's credit is not good and i'm not trying to have any craziness if they pull her credit.

I added my kids to my AMEX account about 3 months after I got it....a Christmas gift to them, the gift of a prime credit card from AMEX.  I called in rather than doing it on line.  I asked the CSR how it works for them.  As noted from replies above, they're additional cardholders, with unique numbers that are off my number.  I am ultimately responsiible for the account.  I did have to provide their full identity information, ie, address and date of birth, but AMEX did not pull any credit reports on either of them...we checked.  AMEX CSR said that was their difference between an additional cardholder and just an authorised user, like most cards are.  Both of my kids had very thin files at the time, so if they HAD pulled they would likely have been denied if applying on their own.

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 768 EQ = 828 TU = 834 - June/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+