Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AU "visibility" questions...

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

AMEX AU "visibility" questions...

Hi all- A few questions for those familiar with the American Express authorized user program:

I've had great success adding my nephew to my BCE last year to help him out with college expenses and give his credit score/profile a bump.  I am now thinking about adding a second family member as an AU.  So my questions are:

1. How many AU are allowed per account?

2. Can AU's "see" each other online?  More specifically, can they see that they are both AU on the account and see one another's transactions?

3. Can they also see me (or rather my transactions) online?  

Even though it's family and nobody is buying anything crazy, I would like to preserve everyone's privacy.

Thx!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX AU "visibility" questions...

With Am Ex if each authorized user sets up on line access only their activity will show.

Message 2 of 5
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

So they will not be able to see each other is on the account, or download the statement?  I guess I will proceed and add my sister on as an AU.

Again I'm not trying to guard NSA secrets here Smiley Wink.  But I've noticed a couple of my nephews charges at the bar/liquor store. I'm guessing his mom (my older sister) who I'd like to add to the account would not approve.  Just trying to avoid inadvertently starting a family feud lol...

Message 3 of 5
Kellan
Regular Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

So they will not be able to see each other is on the account, or download the statement?  I guess I will proceed and add my sister on as an AU.

Again I'm not trying to guard NSA secrets here Smiley Wink.  But I've noticed a couple of my nephews charges at the bar/liquor store. I'm guessing his mom (my older sister) who I'd like to add to the account would not approve.  Just trying to avoid inadvertently starting a family feud lol...

You are an awesome aunt/uncle

EQ: 678
TU: 699
EX: 736
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is very considerate of you OP. Amex is one of the best cards in terms of access for AUs. The AU will setup their accounts online with their own user name and password. They will only see their own transactions, and if you set a CL for them they will not even know how much the other cardholders are spending as their limit will only be reflected to their purchases (unless one maxes out his/her card).

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.