Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AU reporting question

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

AMEX AU reporting question

I was added as an AU to my sisters personal AMEX gold card in May 2013. I was able to get AMEX to backdate my AU card to my corporate acccount member since date of 2009.

When I log into the AU account it updated and shows Member since date of 2009. They also sent me out a new card with the 2009 date. The card has reported for 3 cycles now sinc ethe change and it still shows the may 2013 as the open date. I had asked here how long it typically takes to change and most people seemed to say a month or two.

Is it possible that the AU account will not update to 2009 even though it says 2009 on my account log in. Im trying to decide whether or not I should remove this account because its hurting my fico score because the 2013 date is bringing down my AAoA when the only reason I added this account was to increase my AAoA.

Thank you for any insight on this.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX AU reporting question

I thought you couldn't backdate to a corporate AMEX. I could be wrong..
Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 2 of 4
Crashem
Valued Contributor

AU cards do not backdate. They report as the date you were added on as AU even though your member year is different. AU cards can set your member year, but member year doesn't affect reported date of Amex AU accounts.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 4
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Btw there have been exceptions so YMMV, but that is the general rule these days
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.