cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX AU's - how long from being added as authorized user to tradeline showing up at CRA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX AU's - how long from being added as authorized user to tradeline showing up at CRA?

My father just added me as AU on his Amex card. Now I will have the card as "a saftey net for unexpected expenses". Smiley Wink Of course I will have to call him and ask him to send the card over, since he is holding it until a situation arises. Smiley Wink

For those of you that are AMEX AU's, how long did it take from being added with AMEX, till it reported to the CRA's. Did you see the tradeline at all of the CRA's?

Just wondering how long I should expect before I see this tradeline show up, if it ever shows up.

I know AMEX takes a lot time for reporting other things to the CRAs, like monthly balance etc. I guess I won't hold by breath while waiting!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX AU's - how long from being added as authorized user to tradeline showing up at CRA?

Usually amex reports after 2 months
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX AU's - how long from being added as authorized user to tradeline showing up at CRA?

Thanks. 2 months is what the posts I am bringing up with a search shows.

Has anyone else experinced a quicker time from being added as AU to having it reported to the CRA's?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is an update. I thought I would share with the members of the board because it is going against the flow of the conventional experince with AMEX AU's.

My father requested that I be added as an AU on his AMEX this August.

While this was going on I was also cleaning my credit house. I paid down all revolving balances, and I have been monitoring as the creditors reported to the CRA's. My utilization went from sky high down to 1% through this whole process.

I used the last of my free credit reports, it was an Equifax pull, to check to see if my last statement balances from last week had been submitted. I am trying to get a baseline for how long it takes my creditors to report, I have this gut feeling that each creditor is different, and each person as a result will have a different enviroment for their credit profiles.

Equifax is already showing the AU account from AMEX. Now my oldest tradeline is 29 years old, and my average account age is 4 years. 

My last equifax fico score was 701, without the authorized user, and while waiting for my last revolving account to report (once this reported my utilization would drop and additional 30% to 1%).

The combined affect of the 30% decrease, and the new oldest account, resulted in a EQ score increase to 771. Yay!

I also pulled TU through myfico today. It is NOT reporting the authorized user, but it is reflecting the new 1% util. It's score is 757. I did not pull an earlier score so I don't know how much the decrease in utilization increased the score, but it obviously had a huge impact.

I will have to wait and see if AMEX will later be updated on the other two CRA's. But it updated in weeks to Equifax.

Overall I think it had a great impact, but it looks like the utilization decrease was the best action I could have taken!

Message 5 of 7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is an update. I thought I would share with the members of the board because it is going against the flow of the conventional experince with AMEX AU's.

My father requested that I be added as an AU on his AMEX this August.

While this was going on I was also cleaning my credit house. I paid down all revolving balances, and I have been monitoring as the creditors reported to the CRA's. My utilization went from sky high down to 1% through this whole process.

I used the last of my free credit reports, it was an Equifax pull, to check to see if my last statement balances from last week had been submitted. I am trying to get a baseline for how long it takes my creditors to report, I have this gut feeling that each creditor is different, and each person as a result will have a different enviroment for their credit profiles.

Equifax is already showing the AU account from AMEX. Now my oldest tradeline is 29 years old, and my average account age is 4 years. 

My last equifax fico score was 701, without the authorized user, and while waiting for my last revolving account to report (once this reported my utilization would drop and additional 30% to 1%).

The combined affect of the 30% decrease, and the new oldest account, resulted in a EQ score increase to 771. Yay!

I also pulled TU through myfico today. It is NOT reporting the authorized user, but it is reflecting the new 1% util. It's score is 757. I did not pull an earlier score so I don't know how much the decrease in utilization increased the score, but it obviously had a huge impact.

I will have to wait and see if AMEX will later be updated on the other two CRA's. But it updated in weeks to Equifax.

Overall I think it had a great impact, but it looks like the utilization decrease was the best action I could have taken!

This is absolutely the case, not just from a FICO standpoint either.

Congratulations on your fantastic CC utilization decrease and subsequent FICO score increase!

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-08-2009 08:46 AM
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

DougH wrote:

...I used the last of my free credit reports, it was an Equifax pull, to check to see if my last statement balances from last week had been submitted. I am trying to get a baseline for how long it takes my creditors to report, I have this gut feeling that each creditor is different, and each person as a result will have a different enviroment for their credit profiles...

Yes, each creditor reports on its own timetable. Usually, they update on the statement date.

And then after each creditor reports, you have to wait around for each CRA to update. Usually EX updates that night or the next day, and EQ and TU trade off in updating a week or so later. In my experience, EQ updates before TU, but that is completely variable.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.