Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Account Review.. thoughts and what to expect

tag
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Account Review.. thoughts and what to expect

So I've had my amex zync about 7-8 months and when I checked my USAA credit monitoring I saw this.

I've never used the check your spending limit, except the day I got the card.  Checked $1000 and it cleared ok, never touched it since then.

It says 10-27 and I used my card yesterday, does that mean they aren't freezing my account?

Am I looking to much into this?

My usage for the card was I believe 400ish - 800ish - 1000ish - 1400ish - 1000ish - 800ish - 500ish

What should I expect out of all this??

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Account Review.. thoughts and what to expect

I could be wrong so don't quote me, but if AMEX were doing a FINANCIAL REVIEW, your card would be frozen until the review is complete. Your screen is only showing an account review. That does not look like an FR to me. Amex would notify you for an FR.

It could just be that AMEX did a a soft pull to review your credit report to ensure there are no major changes (out of control UTIL, new derrogatories, etc.). It is the bank's perrogative to check these things. Citi checked my report recently too.

They may have also reviewed to see if they are going to send you any offers for other products.

Message 2 of 11
CorporalCaptain
Valued Member

Sorry for thed drift, but how exactly did OP get that soft pull list from USAA??

USAA World MasterCard - $14,500
American Express SPG - $20,000
NFCU CashRewards Visa Sig - $20,000
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $5,000
Message 3 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@xlr8d wrote:

So I've had my amex zync about 7-8 months and when I checked my USAA credit monitoring I saw this.

I've never used the check your spending limit, except the day I got the card.  Checked $1000 and it cleared ok, never touched it since then.

It says 10-27 and I used my card yesterday, does that mean they aren't freezing my account?

Am I looking to much into this?

My usage for the card was I believe 400ish - 800ish - 1000ish - 1400ish - 1000ish - 800ish - 500ish

What should I expect out of all this??

AmEx softs many/ most members monthly on a routine basis.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Icewave76 wrote:

Sorry for thed drift, but how exactly did OP get that soft pull list from USAA??

+1

I have USAA monitoring, and I don't see softs. But I've read others say that they have them. This is the first proof (= copy/paste) that I've seen.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 11
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

I wasn't really concerned all the other AMEX soft pulls, just the one from "AMEX ACCOUNT REVIEW".  Nothing else bothered me about the other soft pulls

Too get to that list you:

1. Click dispute center on the left menu

2. Click Experian Online Dispute, which should open up a new page

3. Then click Check the recent requests for your credit history

If you need anymore help getting there just ask.

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@xlr8d wrote:

I wasn't really concerned all the other AMEX soft pulls, just the one from "AMEX ACCOUNT REVIEW".  Nothing else bothered me about the other soft pulls

Too get to that list you:

1. Click dispute center on the left menu

2. Click Experian Online Dispute, which should open up a new page

3. Then click Check the recent requests for your credit history

If you need anymore help getting there just ask.

Oh, I see --you can see the full EX report (not all three.) Thanks, I was wondering where people were seeing this.

Message 7 of 11
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@xlr8d wrote:

I am no expert, but I think "Account Review" and "Financial Review" may be two different things. As long as you can use your card, it's not the dreaded FR...

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the USAA credit monitioring for a couple of weeks and I'm finally able to see my soft inquiries, thanks to this thread. 

I also have the same AMEX review soft dated 10/24.  I have a Zync card opened 8/11

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the very same thing posted on our USAA CMS report and we don't, currently, even have an account with Amex.  We DO have a USAA Amex card, not sure if that makes any difference. 

Thank you for teaching me about this area of the USAA CMS report that I had never ventured into before! 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.