cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX.. Activating card got routed to FInancial Review lady!!

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX.. Activating card got routed to FInancial Review lady!!

This is the only time I would suggest shying away from a credit issue. I like the advice of lay low and don't call them. 

Message 11 of 19
plasticcards
New Contributor

So, I shouldn't use my card? I was planning to charge 1k to get my 10k points. I called again before I saw these replies. And I was not re routed to FR person. Just to a normal person Smiley Happy Maybe they just needed to verufy with me? 

Message 12 of 19
plasticcards
New Contributor

It's only $1.5k

Message 13 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Use your card if they wanted to shut you down it would have been done ....get your bonus.Smiley Wink

I think it was for security reasons have you moved or changed any vital info lately?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 19
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@plasticcards wrote:

So I got my Blue card today. I called in to activated threw automated system. I did activated I called back because I had a question on the points. But got re-routed to a Financial Review girl ! I got nervous lol She just said she is a Financial Review Dept and wanted to go over some information with me employer.. how much I make..  and how long i have been with my employer.. etc.. After that she said If I need anything else I will let you know. If not I wil ltransfer you to rewards dept. 

I was so nervous then she came back and said ok that's all I needed. I will transfer you to rewrds dept. have a nice day. She was friendly and all. BUT does this mean I will get a FR soon? Or has this happened to anybody? 

no that was not an FR. you may have forgotten to add in your income or employment in your applicaion, or you may have been sent there by mistake and the lady rep was eager to make sure you had all of the right information.

FR is immediate, and you would get a call requesting information, which you would be required to fax or perhaps email in, meanwhile, your account would be suspended.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 15 of 19
plasticcards
New Contributor

I just told her I was going to going to florida tomorrow so i wanted to make sure there was no problems using my card over here. She said how long wil lyou be there i said 3 weeks she said ok . I t is better for you to let us know when you travel so we can note and u can use ur card freely. 

Message 16 of 19
plasticcards
New Contributor

I hope so! i think your right Smiley Very Happy 

Message 17 of 19
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

i know it was a bit of a scare, but now i wouldn't worry Smiley Happy enjoy your new card Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 18 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@plasticcards wrote:

I just told her I was going to going to florida tomorrow so i wanted to make sure there was no problems using my card over here. She said how long wil lyou be there i said 3 weeks she said ok . I t is better for you to let us know when you travel so we can note and u can use ur card freely. 

This is your reason right here

New card called to activate and says card will be used in another state... Just wanted to verify it was you and now you are free to enjoy your card and not worry....

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.