Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Adverse Actions?

tag
MMart078
Regular Contributor

AMEX Adverse Actions?

I just applied for an amex credit card, I currently have a charge card. I was declined. Does this mean my current amex charge account will be reviewed and possibly shut down? Anybody have the experience of having an current amex charge charge then applying for and getting declined for a CC? Did amex go squirrelly on you after the application? Notice any changes?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Adverse Actions?

I have Personal and Business Platinum and was recently denied for the Personal Starwood Preferred (too many inquiries..). This was 3 months ago. No issues so far.

Message 2 of 5
smc733
Valued Contributor

Doubtful, I wouldn't worry about it, unless your credit suddenly worsened (Severely) to the point that they would have seen something NEW on the hard pull that would illustrate risk enough for them to want to close the account.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I wouldn't worry about your charge card, Amex is watching you very closely in the background, if you pulled a full EX credit report you would probably see Amex FR (Financial Review Dpet) soft pulls 1-2 a month!

and in my experience they seem to just impliment some hard limits if they don't like something new, I have not seen cards be suddenly cancelled unless miss payments or other severe credit issues happening on other cards.

Message 4 of 5
kumquat

I have the Premier Rewards Gold card and applied for BCE everyday shortly after getting the charge card. I was denied.  About a month later they sprung the financial review on me and wound up putting a hard limit of 3k on the charge card. But honestly, I don't think it had anything to do with the BCE application. I think I just looked like a ticking time bomb to Amex. Smiley Very Happy (Lots of recent inquiries, pretty low yearly income.) 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.