Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Amazon.com offer

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Amazon.com offer

First one I ever used was a measly spend $5 at Dunkin Donuts and get $5 ... Usually prefer Starbucks coffee or Mcdonalds but Spending $0.10 on Coffee too good to pass up after getting a Large Ice coffee and a bottle of Soda for somebody Smiley Happy 

Most of those offers are local stuff that I don't care about Smiley Sad

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 21 of 26
bluedoggiant
New Contributor

Got the credit posted instantly - same time the actual charge got posted to my account.

Even though the product wasn't actually sold by amazon.

----- QS: $10k ------ CF: $14k ------- BCP: $15k ------- CSP: $24k ------ AMEXPlat ----
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a gift card purchase for 20$ and received a msg from Amex app saying "thanks for using your enrolled card..." instantly so hopefully I'll be seeing that 20$ credit soon Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 26
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Am curious if anyone with True Earnings card has received either the Amazon offer or Costco offer.  Are we the black sheep of Amex?  I have several offers including Whole Foods and Best Buy, but not ones that are high on my list to use like Amazon or Costco. Being a Costco related card, I assume Costco offers are likely never seen.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xerostatus wrote:

This is what I learned from my recent experience:

I had the "buy $20 or more on amazon, get $20 back" deal.

So i went online and happily made my purchase (it was well over $20, around $40 actually).

Waited and waited, but no credit. I've done these amex deals before, and its actually very quick turnaround. 

So I knew something was up.

Found out that only purchases made DIRECTLY to amazon.com is eligible.

Which is fine, by my books, but it would be better if Amex directly told you this upfront.

Their terms/conditions of the deal is in no way clear, and even asking their CSRs is of virtually no help.

Based on my experience, if your amazon purchase is made to one of those third-parties who simply sell using amazon, it is NOT eligible.

It has to be direct to amazon, as in, amazon itself is selling you this particular product.

If you make a purchase to a thirdparty, your transaction will look like:

"AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTSAMZN.COM/BILL WA"

This would NOT be eligible for the deal/promotion/w.e

If you make a direct purchase to amazon.com, it would look like:

"AMAZON.COM AMZN.COM/BILL WA"

And this purchase WOULD be eligible.

If you make an eligible purchase, you should see the credit back withi 1-2 days of the eligible transaction posting.

Now, easy way to avoid all this confusion? Just buy an amazon.com e-giftcard for the amount which your deal is for.

That purchase would indeed be directly to amazon.com and be eligible for the credit back promotion.

Then you can use that e-giftcard to make any purchase, third party or direct to amazon, doesn't matter since you've already locked in your credit back through the initial giftcard purchase.

I actually had the opposite experience with this just recently. I would definitely suggest reading the terms included on the offer - mine said that it would apply to any purchase either directly listed by Amazon OR fulfilled by Amazon (which my purchase was a third party, but fulfilled & shipped via Amazon). Just checked and my transaction was billed as "AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTSAMZN.COM/BILL WA" and my $20 credit was posted the next day (I didn't even click the redeem button! It just automatically went through for some reason.. no complaints here Smiley Wink)

Message 25 of 26
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

No AmEx Amazon.com offer for me! Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.