Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Amazon.com offer

tag
bluedoggiant
New Contributor

AMEX Amazon.com offer

Hey guys,

I have a spend $10 get $10 offer for Amazon.com on my AMEX card.

I realize not everyone gets this offer and that the offer varies from person to person, but does anyone know how long it takes for the credit to post to your account after the Amazon.com purchase posts?

It says within 90 days of 8/31 but I was wondering if anyone has gotten it to post within a week for specifically the Amazon.com offer.

Thanks all.

----- QS: $10k ------ CF: $14k ------- BCP: $15k ------- CSP: $24k ------ AMEXPlat ----
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX Amazon.com offer

@bluedoggiant wrote:

Hey guys,

I realize not everyone gets this offer and that the offer varies from person to person, but does anyone know how long it takes for the credit to post to your account after the Amazon.com purchase posts?

It says within 90 days of 8/31 but I was wondering if anyone has gotten it to post within a week for specifically the Amazon.com offer.

Thanks all.

Mine usually post in 2-3 business days
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same offer with a spend 20 get 20...oder things totatling 30$...not sure if it had to be 20 on ONE item...anyways I havent gotten anything yet. Got that same offer for Costo and got the credit after 3 days.

Message 3 of 26
bluedoggiant
New Contributor

That should legible for the offer. How long has it been? It has varied for me in the past depending on the offer thats why I am asking for people that have specifically used the Amazon one.

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the same offer with a spend 20 get 20...oder things totatling 30$...not sure if it had to be 20 on ONE item...anyways I havent gotten anything yet. Got that same offer for Costo and got the credit after 3 days.

----- QS: $10k ------ CF: $14k ------- BCP: $15k ------- CSP: $24k ------ AMEXPlat ----
Message 4 of 26
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@bluedoggiant wrote:

That should legible for the offer. How long has it been? It has varied for me in the past depending on the offer thats why I am asking for people that have specifically used the Amazon one.

@Anonymous wrote:

I used the $20,$20 Amazon offer too, and it has not posted on my account yet. 

Message 5 of 26
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

This is what I learned from my recent experience:

I had the "buy $20 or more on amazon, get $20 back" deal.

So i went online and happily made my purchase (it was well over $20, around $40 actually).

Waited and waited, but no credit. I've done these amex deals before, and its actually very quick turnaround. 

So I knew something was up.

Found out that only purchases made DIRECTLY to amazon.com is eligible.

Which is fine, by my books, but it would be better if Amex directly told you this upfront.

Their terms/conditions of the deal is in no way clear, and even asking their CSRs is of virtually no help.

Based on my experience, if your amazon purchase is made to one of those third-parties who simply sell using amazon, it is NOT eligible.

It has to be direct to amazon, as in, amazon itself is selling you this particular product.

If you make a purchase to a thirdparty, your transaction will look like:

"AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTSAMZN.COM/BILL WA"

This would NOT be eligible for the deal/promotion/w.e

If you make a direct purchase to amazon.com, it would look like:

"AMAZON.COM AMZN.COM/BILL WA"

And this purchase WOULD be eligible.

If you make an eligible purchase, you should see the credit back withi 1-2 days of the eligible transaction posting.

Now, easy way to avoid all this confusion? Just buy an amazon.com e-giftcard for the amount which your deal is for.

That purchase would indeed be directly to amazon.com and be eligible for the credit back promotion.

Then you can use that e-giftcard to make any purchase, third party or direct to amazon, doesn't matter since you've already locked in your credit back through the initial giftcard purchase.

Message 6 of 26
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@bluedoggiant wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks all.

Haven't gotten the Amazon offer.

But my Whole Foods credit posted in less than 24 hours! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish I had known this before hand...mine show as a market place purchase...sigh lol

Message 8 of 26
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wish I had known this before hand...mine show as a market place purchase...sigh lol

Yeah, Amex was seriously unhelpful regarding this confusion. Had to literally experiment with my money to find out the true eligibility requirements. But again, to reiterate, for any one trying to (or re-attempting, for that matter) take advantage of this deal:

Use your amex card to buy an amazon.com e-giftcard and send it to yourself.

Then you can use the giftcard to make ANY purchase on amazon (marketplace or otherwise), and you've already locked in the eligibility for the credit back with amex's side.

Message 9 of 26
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

The same day that my Amazon went from Pending to Posted my credit was there as well. I've used them 2X now. One for Buca and one for Amazon.

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.