cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Application Questions

tag
ficostef

AMEX Application Questions

1) Am I correct that Amex will HP EX only on a new applicant with no prior relationship with them?

2) How accurate does their online pre-quals appear to be? (They show me as qual'd for Gold Delta and EDP)

-stef

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
IamB2
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Application Questions

I just now applied with Amex, for two cards, and they pulled EX exclusively. On both times.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 2 of 9
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@ficostef wrote:

1) Am I correct that Amex will HP EX only on a new applicant with no prior relationship with them?

2) How accurate does their online pre-quals appear to be? (They show me as qual'd for Gold Delta and EDP)

-stef

1. They will pull all 3 if you are borderline. I had all 3 of mine pulled (although this was approximately a year ago).

2. No idea, since I've never used it.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 3 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Amex is just like any lender. They can pull all three. They will pull experian every time, though.

The only way Amex is different in terms of hp/sp is that they will only SP if denied for current Amex members. HP If approved for current members.
Message 4 of 9
facutardeat
New Contributor

@ficostef wrote:

-stef

I was recently approved for my EveryDay Preferred.  Before I applied, I used their pre-qualification tool and was did not have any offers.

As of 5/23/14, via myFICO EQ 779 | TU 762 | EX 795

As of 5/22/14 Credit Sesame 746 | Credit Karma 754

AmEx EveryDay Preferred $2,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,000 | Chase Freedom $8,000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus $5,200
Message 5 of 9
vygotsky
Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Amex is just like any lender. They can pull all three. They will pull experian every time, though.

The only way Amex is different in terms of hp/sp is that they will only SP if denied for current Amex members. HP If approved for current members.

Very intresting. Do amex CLIs work in the same way? SP if declined HP if approved?

FICO 733 (Discover)
Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@vygotsky wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Very intresting. Do amex CLIs work in the same way? SP if declined HP if approved?

CLI are always sp.

Message 7 of 9
jd352
Regular Contributor

My only offer was to upgrade my PRG to Platinum (no bonus Smiley Mad). I app'd for the Everyday Preferred anyway and was approved. I wasn't going to upgrade the PRG without a way to multiply MR points.

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 8 of 9
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@vygotsky wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Sp everytime no matter the outcome.

Edit: Sorry CA didn't see your response before I posted... Ohh work has me tired todaySmiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.