Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approval Score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Approval Score?

Yes, I have negative collections on my report and a Charge off Credit Card with a balance of $600 something that I'll be paying off.

Income isn't a problem or I wouldn't be going for a AMEX Smiley Wink

I just opened the Merrick Bank Secured Card this month. Also have a $1300 installment loan that will have 5-6 months of history by December.  Still debating if I should pay it off on the 6th month even know the loan is for 12-months since banks like to see at least 6 months of on-time payment history. I been paying $150-$175 a month on that loan even know the payment is only $102. I'm also waiting on my first payment to post to Merrick Bank next month which I should see a score increase since it's my first secured card. 

I had another collection come off today in dispute. My car loan should also be reporting by then.

Message 31 of 48
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

You probably will not be approved with collections on your CR. I would definitely wait until those are off regardless of score.

Message 32 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will they just not approve anyone with collections?

Message 33 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Will they just not approve anyone with collections?

They can but i wouldn't hold my breath on that happening, I would work on getting that collection removed. GW or PFD

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 34 of 48
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

I guess it's not impossible but it's highly unlikely. I suppose if the positive outweigh the negative on you CR you'll have a good chance but collections and that charge off are huge red flags for them.

Message 35 of 48
taxi818
Super Contributor

I think it depends if they are old. And if paid. I heard many approved with collections. And charge off. Just search amex with collections. So not really true. 

IMO. I think you will be ok. Not ventured. Nothing gained. 

Message 36 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

I think it depends if they are old. And if paid. I heard many approved with collections. And charge off. Just search amex with collections. So not really true. 

IMO. I think you will be ok. Not ventured. Nothing gained. 

I think best plan of action is to see what you can do about collection if its really old then you can apply i guess.I would work on trying to get that remedied first. 

Message 37 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they're pulling Experian then there are no charge off's on there and just a couple collections that I'm paying. The oldest collection is from 2008 and that was removed from Equifax and now I'm waiting on it to be removed from Experian. 

Message 38 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If they're pulling Experian then there are no charge off's on there and just a couple collections that I'm paying. The oldest collection is from 2008 and that was removed from Equifax and now I'm waiting on it to be removed from Experian. 

If its collections as in plural then i would definately wait. Also if you are borderline , which it sounds like you are, they may double pull you . 

Message 39 of 48
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well you must really wait until smoke is clear. 

Thats why I'm waiting. Dispute on experian. Old charge off. 6 years 10 months old. But court order to bank. To cease and desist 

so I know. I got this.  But. Always best to make sure situation is optimal. 

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.