Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approval Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Approval Scores

@FicoTron wrote:
After extensive research on the Zync, if I app for a charge card it will be for the green or gold. The reward structure is way different between Zync and the the other tier, plus to get any true rewards you have to buy a pack or two, which puts it around the same price as the others. As far as revolvers, I would love a BCP, but may have to just go straight blue to start.

+1 The frequent flyer/guest program transfers are very helpful. I didnt think I would the much, but ive loved platinum in the month ive had it so far.

Message 21 of 300
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:
We're you pre selected for the BCP?

If you were asking me, no I wasn't.  It was a cold app.  In the preselector it was only showing charge cards through Gold which I have no desire or use for.  I diid apply for a Zync first but went ahead and did BCP since that's what I wanted and when it was approved I canceled the Zync application.  I still got hit with two hards but I didn't want two new accounts since I knew I would be applying for mortgage very shortly.

Message 22 of 300
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

I have been rebuilding for 2 years now and really want an AMEX.  After checking periodically for the past year, I finally have pre-selected offers on their website for ZYNC, Green, and Blue.  I know it would be smart getting in the door with ZYNC or Green, but I would like a revolver.  I had a chargeoff from 2006 that I tried getting taken off until about December 2011, which is when I broke down and promptly paid.  This chargeoff is not from a CC or loan, it was a rapid refund ($443) from H&R Block that wasn't paid back from the government and I didn't know until I began monitoring my scores in 2010.  So that, and a 2 30day lates, both of which over 6 years old are on my report.  EX fako is between 685-710.  I am asking everyone who has been  approved for an AMEX with similar, or worse scores, especially with a baddie or two, to post their app process and say what their score was AT THE TIME, and describe the baddies they had at that time as well.  I look forward to some feedback.

I would try for the Zync.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 300
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks! Ya I was totally excited. Amex seems very prime, even if it is their entry level card.   I'm in Oklahoma.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 24 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

I may wait til the end of the month, I still would like to see some more feedback.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 25 of 300
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

I had an outstanding vehicle repossession (still owing at the time I apped for AmEx in October--but just paid today!  Yippee!) and a charged-off HSBC card with a zero balance.  Those were the two negatives on my Experian report, which they pulled.  I was approved for the Zync with the autopay option, which I quickly accepted.  I believe my Experian score was hovering around 640 at that time but I have to look through my posts to see what I posted that it was when I told of my AmEx success to the MyFico community.

Message 26 of 300
learnin113
Established Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

I have been rebuilding for 2 years now and really want an AMEX.  After checking periodically for the past year, I finally have pre-selected offers on their website for ZYNC, Green, and Blue.  I know it would be smart getting in the door with ZYNC or Green, but I would like a revolver.  I had a chargeoff from 2006 that I tried getting taken off until about December 2011, which is when I broke down and promptly paid.  This chargeoff is not from a CC or loan, it was a rapid refund ($443) from H&R Block that wasn't paid back from the government and I didn't know until I began monitoring my scores in 2010.  So that, and a 2 30day lates, both of which over 6 years old are on my report.  EX fako is between 685-710.  I am asking everyone who has been  approved for an AMEX with similar, or worse scores, especially with a baddie or two, to post their app process and say what their score was AT THE TIME, and describe the baddies they had at that time as well.  I look forward to some feedback.

Why Amex?

Message 27 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Why not? What are you're suggestions?
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 28 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Still pondering between green and blue...I'd like to hear some more stories from others and their approvals/denials and marks on their report at the time.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 29 of 300
spengbab
Regular Contributor

I heard that the zync and green were almost basically the same. If i were you I would choose between the zync or blue in which case I would just go for a blue.
Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 30 of 300
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.