Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approval Scores

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Approval Scores

PFD's with HSBC do not exist. Trust me I tried everything. I just don't want it to Look like a 3 month old CO when it is a 6 year old CO.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 81 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Any others want to chime in with their Amex apps?
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 82 of 300
minimock
Frequent Contributor

This is why I hate reading the amex threads LOL, Somewhere around here on the board I have a mile long thread involving my annual masochist need to be rejected by Amex.

I think I am a little early this year

I have no credit problems, 700's accross the board, and they deny me EVERY single time because of a record from my ex on Teletrack.

But after reading nine more pages of amex stuff, I said what the heck, get it over with early this year LOL.

I applied for the Blue, but this time I threw a twist in it, and went with a balance transfer at the same time.

Im still quite sure I will again be denied and my need for Amex rejection satisfied once again, but this time, it didnt immediatly go away looser LOL, it said we cant proceess your app in 60 seconds, we will notify you at your email address when finished,

I love these guys they now know how to increase the rejection factor....... make you wait for it LOL.

Ill let you know, but I already do. lol

Message 83 of 300
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@minimock wrote:

This is why I hate reading the amex threads LOL, Somewhere around here on the board I have a mile long thread involving my annual masochist need to be rejected by Amex.

I think I am a little early this year

I have no credit problems, 700's accross the board, and they deny me EVERY single time because of a record from my ex on Teletrack.

But after reading nine more pages of amex stuff, I said what the heck, get it over with early this year LOL.

I applied for the Blue, but this time I threw a twist in it, and went with a balance transfer at the same time.

Im still quite sure I will again be denied and my need for Amex rejection satisfied once again, but this time, it didnt immediatly go away looser LOL, it said we cant proceess your app in 60 seconds, we will notify you at your email address when finished,

I love these guys they now know how to increase the rejection factor....... make you wait for it LOL.

Ill let you know, but I already do. lol

Fingers crossed for you buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 84 of 300
FrugalRican
Blogger

I got the same message, go check your application status online.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 85 of 300
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Still says in progress, I imagine the big "DECLINED" will come Monday lol Smiley Happy

Message 86 of 300
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

I PULLED THE TRIGGER TOO! uggh..

I Knew I shouldnt of tried - If I was going to try it should of been yesterday morning before my lil shopping spree ( I was very succesful).  But I read this thread and thought..oh well..what the heck, let me give it a shot.  My experian had more inquiries than my others - that's why I only really applied for GE stuff yesterday since my TU was pretty nice.  I doubt I'll get this card since I have a repo on my account from 3 yrs ago.  But thought I'd share!

Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.

For an update on the status of your card application, please click here to go to our online status site.

Thank you for applying for the Zync from American Express

Thank you for providing American Express consent to communicate your decision details electronically.You will receive an e-mail with a link to the decision details as soon as a decision is made. 

ZYNC(SM) FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS   In Progress

Hoping to get the ax early! so I stop and garden FO REAL

Message 87 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Good luck getting those cards. I know I've been waiting for the right time to app but it's hard to not just pull the trigger at any given moment. Having a thread like this is hopefully helpful to others on the fringe of getting an Amex.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 88 of 300
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@payingoffdebt001 wrote:

I PULLED THE TRIGGER TOO! uggh..

I Knew I shouldnt of tried - If I was going to try it should of been yesterday morning before my lil shopping spree ( I was very succesful).  But I read this thread and thought..oh well..what the heck, let me give it a shot.  My experian had more inquiries than my others - that's why I only really applied for GE stuff yesterday since my TU was pretty nice.  I doubt I'll get this card since I have a repo on my account from 3 yrs ago.  But thought I'd share!

Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.

For an update on the status of your card application, please click here to go to our online status site.

Thank you for applying for the Zync from American Express

Thank you for providing American Express consent to communicate your decision details electronically.You will receive an e-mail with a link to the decision details as soon as a decision is made. 

ZYNC(SM) FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS   In Progress

Hoping to get the ax early! so I stop and garden FO REAL

Fingers crossed for you too!!!!!!!!! Man.................i need to leave this thread ASAP before I get a "Decision Part Deux" going off earlier than planned!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 89 of 300
Juan123
Established Contributor

screw amex. denied 3 times on the zync card,  first time my EX score was 642, 2nd time 678 3rd time 697

All three times my Util was below 10% and they stated that as one of the reasons, the other 2 reasons were too many INQ's (3 out of 7 being amex >_<) and high balance on installment loan (which is a student loan on deferrment)

Grrrr.. i'm not applying till atleast july.. maybe a bday present for myself

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 90 of 300
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.