Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approval Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Approval Scores

After reading more into it about AMEX in general on here. I think i understand why/how i was able to get approved for the AMEX over the other cards. Having my baddies from back in the day, and a less than average FICO, i think it was my salary that actually got me the charge card. I wasn't very responsible about 7yrs ago, and am still dealing with rebuilding my FICO score, but i'm very fortunate to have a great job with a great salary. So when i applied, and they seen that my FICO is under 600 (yeah i know it sucks!) but my recent payments (perfect for ~2+yrs) with my annual income of ~$116,000 they (AMEX) decided to approve me for a card. I'm super stoked,and look forward to building a great relationship with them!

-John

Message 251 of 300
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

kope, 

I think you would be able to apply for zync, worst case scenario they say no and you try again in 6 months. But they seem to be handing out zync like candy lately. I think you have a good shot, much better then delta or blue card until your in the 700's., I say zync. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 252 of 300
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Forgot to add my scores in here from late last month...

Amex Green & BCP on same day

EX score = 701

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 253 of 300
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@CK: I will try to apply again on july my scores should be a little higher ...hopefully... I have 4 inquiries the last 6 months... Is Amex inquiry sensitive? And they pulled EX last April for me when i applied... I applied for zync... Ill try again and give it a shot...will keep you posted... @JC: 580 fico score?? Im surprised... Maybe your EX is a lot higher..my EX score when Amex pulled was 607 last April.... I hope it increased aince my Util went from 80% down to <10 % ... I wish theres a way i can see my true EX fico.... Looks like prime lenders always pull EX

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 254 of 300
sjt
Senior Contributor

@kobe2012 wrote:
@Anonymous: I will try to apply again on july my scores should be a little higher ...hopefully... I have 4 inquiries the last 6 months... Is Amex inquiry sensitive? And they pulled EX last April for me when i applied... I applied for zync... Ill try again and give it a shot...will keep you posted... @Anonymous: 580 fico score?? Im surprised... Maybe your EX is a lot higher..my EX score when Amex pulled was 607 last April.... I hope it increased aince my Util went from 80% down to <10 % ... I wish theres a way i can see my true EX fico.... Looks like prime lenders always pull EX

Amex has their own internal scoring they use in addition to the FICO scoring. They are utilization rate sensitive. So you you got yout utilization rate down and its reflected on your CR, they thats a big plus.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 255 of 300
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to apply for TrueEarnings Card from Costco and American Express or their American Express Blue Cash Preferred/Everyday - Does anyone know what my scores need to be? No bankruptcies. Highest Credit just approved last week is the Amazon.com Store Card Limit 1,700. The rest of my cards are all under 1,000. Currently carry: Discover 500, Capital One Rewards 750, Cap One 500, Orchard Bank 500, and a few store cards: Banana Republic, VS Angels, Ann Taylor LOFT & Express. My current FICO Score is 683 EQ & EX 701 TU

Message 256 of 300
compassion101
Established Contributor

Is Zync the easiest to get? Less restrictive than green?

Message 257 of 300
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

@ KOBE

I agree amex is usually more concerned with utilization then inquiries. Long as you don't have a ton. It's doubtful they would deny on INQ's alone. 

@compassion

Zync, most would say, yes is a little easier then green. Its basically the amex starter card. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 258 of 300
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Since the community and this thread helped me its time for me to give back. 

Ex: 627(fako)

TU: 654 (Fico TU98)

EQ: 668

Util: 29percent

AAoa: 6 years

CO: 2 none open

Approved for Zync and Green with address verification on both

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 259 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Wow, since starting this thread back in February it has really blown up. It is really great to be able to guage other people's success/denial stories according to their score.  As I am sure I posted earlier on this thread, I got a gold card in April and just last week was approved for a Blue Cash Preferred.  Since I didn't get the best interest rate they offer, they sent me my EX Fico of 774.  I had no idea that my EX was that high, it almost makes me want to pay to see my updated TU and EQ, but if I'm getting approved for a BCP I don't need to be paying to see my scores, especially for an outdated TU model (get with it myfico).  Anyway, moral of the story, approved BCP 774.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 260 of 300
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.