Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approval Scores

tag
patternofstars7
Contributor

Re: AMEX Approval Scores

I got a pre-approval offer in the mail and applied online and was approved for a gold card in dec 2011. Not sure about my EX score but my EQ score was 651 and I have two paid collections reporting but due to fall off this year.

Message 11 of 300
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I have no negatives, oldest card is Macy's which was twent months old and I was approved with an Experian score of 787 wich isn't much higher than yours. So I'd say you have a chance.

Message 12 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Wow, thanks for all the great feedback. I'm looking forward to hearing more approval/denial stories from some others. One thing of note about my CO is that when I paid it in 12/11, it was updated as a chargeoff then, but all of the past reporting has it as 180 days late since 2006. 2006 was the DOFD, so does that make it 6 years old, or 2 months old? Either way it falls off next year but I don't want to wait.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 13 of 300
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@FicoTron wrote:
Wow, thanks for all the great feedback. I'm looking forward to hearing more approval/denial stories from some others. One thing of note about my CO is that when I paid it in 12/11, it was updated as a chargeoff then, but all of the past reporting has it as 180 days late since 2006. 2006 was the DOFD, so does that make it 6 years old, or 2 months old? Either way it falls off next year but I don't want to wait.

I would recommend running a new score to verify, but I think that it is probably considered a recent deliquency as of 12/11.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 14 of 300
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I got my first Amex in November with a EX FICO or either 705 or 715, can't remember which.  UT was almost 0 but the kicker was I had two unpaid collections.  One was for $2500 and the other $300.(both from apartment complexes)  They were a bit over five years old and pretty much everyone said it couldn't be done.  It was my halo card so I figured why not and it worked, didn't even have to recon.  It wasn't instant as I had recently moved so I had to do an address verification but I know have my Blue Cash Prefered and am wearing it out.  I'll be calling in for my 60 day CLI shortly as I am using it so much I max out the line easily, I litterally run everything through it except places that don't take Amex and my carpayment.  Good luck OP, they are worth the effort getting in with.  The rewards are good, the perks like purchase protection and extended warranties even better, and the customer service is excellent. I'm very happy with them.

Message 15 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

We're you pre selected for the BCP?
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 16 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Well we're the Baddies really 5 years old if they were still unpaid? I'd love to know if they'd accept me with my current situation. I'm still searching to find out if anyone has been pre selected on the website and still denied. Haven't found one yet.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 17 of 300
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I got my approval today!!  Here is my info:

I applied for the AMEX Zync on 2/4/12, and they pulled Experian.  Under Application status it says In Progress: "Home Address Verification"   which is probably because I just moved and I haven't updated my address with all of my accounts yet. So, I called the number listed and the guy indicated that I would be receiving a letter within the next 2-3 days that I would need to reply to.   At this time, I only have one other CC, and 3 retail cards, which is a Discover More, 4200 Limit.   My EX FAKO is 727.  I have some old baddies, around 2006-2007 when I went through a divorce. Worst ones are 90 day late on a wells fargo CC in 2006, and a paid judgement from my ex husbands truck.   wondering what the chances of getting approval are?   I don't have a thin file, and I have a very good re-established credit history.  I'm 30 yrs old, and a young professional... looking to use the zync charge card to help manage cash flow in and out of my bank account.

Oldest Account: 12 yrs 5 months

AAoA: 6 yrs

Most Recent Late Payment: 5 yrs 7 months ago

Util %:  11%

Income: 93k per year salary

24k per year rental income.

I was called by AMEX CSR and she needed to verify that I had indeed applied for the card. She Verified my address, SS# and Phone Number and then told me that she was able to approve my application for the American Express Zync Card, with No Pre Set Spend Limit, Charge account.  Super Excited!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 18 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

After extensive research on the Zync, if I app for a charge card it will be for the green or gold. The reward structure is way different between Zync and the the other tier, plus to get any true rewards you have to buy a pack or two, which puts it around the same price as the others. As far as revolvers, I would love a BCP, but may have to just go straight blue to start.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 19 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

webhopper...congrats. I can't wait to get one soon. What state are you from?
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 20 of 300
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.