Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approval Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Approval Scores

I am a student with limited income but was approved for BCE about a year ago for $3000. Experian in the 720s at the time. Tried for CLI at 8 months was denied.

Applied for Starwood card after 10 months with BCE, approved for $5000 with most favorable terms (therefore no credit score provided). I did notice Amex softing me like crazy during the past couple months, probably b/c of this new account and 2 others. They never softed me before now. Like always, I PIF at statement closing and make an additional payment beforehand if my balance exceeds 10% utilization from purchases that month. Hopefully they will relax soon. Just b/c I got some new credit cards doesn't mean I will default on you Amex! Smiley Tongue

Message 41 of 300
improvedcredit
New Contributor

I want to apply for an AMEX card, but I am not sure if I will get approved. I pulled my score from My FICO and my TU score is at 658 and my EX score is 657. Also the week after, I opened up a credit union account and they pulled my credit score from TU and it says I have a +720. So I was wondering if I can get approved for an AMEX card.

Message 42 of 300
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

Scores in sig. I tried for Amex on 2/1 and walked away empty handed. Not sure if it was the card I applied for (can't remember which), but they seem to be the card I won't have for a while longer yet.

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 43 of 300
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also applied for AMEX, but since still rebuilding/average scores as of yet, I applied for the Zync and was denied with a 671 Equifax. They counteroffered with a prepaid card. Things being as they are, it only makes sense to build a credit history with a personalized prepaid AMEX just like a secured card and try again about a year later!

Message 44 of 300
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

just got approved for AMEX Hilton Honors with 689 Transrisk score.  2k starting limit Smiley Sad

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 45 of 300
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Also applied for AMEX, but since still rebuilding/average scores as of yet, I applied for the Zync and was denied with a 671 Equifax. They counteroffered with a prepaid card. Things being as they are, it only makes sense to build a credit history with a personalized prepaid AMEX just like a secured card and try again about a year later!

They countered with a Pre-paid debit card, or a Pre-paid Zync (which I have at least heard rumors of)?

        
Message 46 of 300
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Any other new approvals/denials with Amex?
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 47 of 300
FrugalRican
Blogger

Any stories of people getting approved by an AMEX card without having had a Zync first?

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 48 of 300
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

Any stories of people getting approved by an AMEX card without having had a Zync first?

Platinum Ex 750. No Zync.

Message 49 of 300
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Yeah many people have been approved for other AMEX Charge Cards, or even credit cards with getting a Zync first.     The Zync card is popular among people rebuilding credit because of its more lenient approval standards, and it is viewed as a foot in the door to get better AMEX cards, like revolvers, in the future.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 50 of 300
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.