Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Authorized User Invite?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Authorized User Invite?

I've read about some people on this forum that received invites to apply for their own amex card after being an authorized user on one of their accounts. Does anyone have any person experience with this and how long it might take until they send an invitation? I was recently added to my dad's green card as an AU. I was considering applying for my own card now but if they send an invitation in a year then maybe it would be worth it to wait?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Authorized User Invite?

Oh dang, I thought you were sending me an invite! Yes, I'll be your AU. Smiley Very Happy

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I added my fiance to my Amex PR Gold card in January.  She got an offer to apply for the Gold card in February. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

I added my fiance to my Amex PR Gold card in January.  She got an offer to apply for the Gold card in February. 

Same--added mine as AU on Green in December and then she started getting invites for Blue Sky.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.