cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Authorized User but No Additional Card Issued?

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Authorized User but No Additional Card Issued?

Very strange. Unfortunate, the disconnect sometimes.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 11 of 13
creativeZero7
New Contributor

I agree. Customer service is such a fickle flame in many businesses these days. I guess Amex is no exception. Just happens. The positive is it took all of two minutes to request the card online and it is en route.

Message 12 of 13
creativeZero7
New Contributor

Happy to report that my AU card finally arrived and all is well.

One more bit of advice if I can bend some ears, as an AU it looks like I can pay on the account but I am not required to. I set up payment methods anyways just to have that option if ever needed as it looks like my online view of the account only includes my card activity, although I can see the overall credit limit, etc. Is there any benefit to me to pay on the account at all?

I am new to Amex as is my wife, but this is her account. Maybe in the future if I decide to apply for an Amex card of my own for myself personally or my business, does being on record as such, paying them, yield any benefits in the process?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.