cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Authorized User in order to report Limit on Charge ZYNC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Authorized User in order to report Limit on Charge ZYNC?

Does anyone have any experience with this?  I have read somewhere in the forums that the only way for ZYNC or any other Charge card  to report a limit, apparently to have come from an actual AMEX csr was to add "yourself" as an authorized user, and to set a spending limit for that card....

I'm hesitant to do this, and probably won't do it unless someone has been successful with it....any feedback would be great.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Authorized User in order to report Limit on Charge ZYNC?

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with this?  I have read somewhere in the forums that the only way for ZYNC or any other Charge card  to report a limit, apparently to have come from an actual AMEX csr was to add "yourself" as an authorized user, and to set a spending limit for that card....

I'm hesitant to do this, and probably won't do it unless someone has been successful with it....any feedback would be great.

Thanks!

heh, I am tempted to do this just for research purposes...

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it about 1.5 months ago. If success, I should see new AU zync account with limit 6000 on my credit report by the end of this month. Amex is slow...

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a great idea if it works!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, keep us posted and let us know how it turns out.  Out of curiousity, what made you choose $6,000 as a limit?  Did you "check your spending ability" before you decided with that number....just curious?

Interested in how that turns out.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome, keep us posted and let us know how it turns out.  Out of curiousity, what made you choose $6,000 as a limit?  Did you "check your spending ability" before you decided with that number....just curious?

Interested in how that turns out.

I chose this amount because my highest limit was at $3000 so, if this AU account will finally appear on my CR, I will request CLI for my FIA and barclay to match $6000 in another 3 months from now. The limit on Zync AU can be changed at ease so next logical step after getting limit on most card to $6000 is to change Zync AU limit to $12000 and wait for 4-6 months then repeat the process.

Message 7 of 8
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

I wonder if BoA Visa Signature could be talked into doing this?

I'd prefer a set limit over "Try it and see if it goes through." anyway.

You know that there has to be a magic $$ amount that they won't let you go over.  Best to know the limits.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.