Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BACKDATING QUESTION?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BACKDATING QUESTION?

i applied and and recived my delta amex gold card in june, l was approve for my second card in november and want to know if they are going to backdate this new acct back to june?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BACKDATING QUESTION?

@Anonymous wrote:

i applied and and recived my delta amex gold card in june, l was approve for my second card in november and want to know if they are going to backdate this new acct back to june?

Yes

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes

Incorrect. They do not backdate to the month, they only backdate the year. So it will say November 2014. If you got an American Express card in January next year, it would say Jan 2014.

edit: spelling.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah my bad. Didn't read it correctly 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If i'm reading your reply correctly solongtj..

Your saying if i openned an Amex in june of 2010 as my first Amex card, and openned a new one in Jan of 2015 the new card would say it's older then the original?

Are you referring to what the accounts show up as on the CRAs? Both my amex cards are business cards, and only refer to year as far as i can see. Although i haven't looked further then the member date on the card itself.

Message 5 of 11
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If i'm reading your reply correctly solongtj..

Your saying if i openned an Amex in june of 2010 as my first Amex card, and openned a new one in Jan of 2015 the new card would say it's older then the original?

Are you referring to what the accounts show up as on the CRAs? Both my amex cards are business cards, and only refer to year as far as i can see. Although i haven't looked further then the member date on the card itself.

yes,  all my amex report as older than my first,  first AMEX  dec, 2011,  second reports at jan 2011, third  AMEX reports May 2011, ( couldn't wait needed it for work travel). 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you James. Good to know. Will only app any additional Amex in the month of Jan then.

Message 7 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The backdating for business cards is a YMMV. Some have been lucky but in general, the backdating is a consumer benefit. 

Message 8 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you James. Good to know. Will only app any additional Amex in the month of Jan then.

As time goes on, and the number of credit lines on the report increase, worrying about app month makes much less sense.   An extra 11 months, divided among say 20 open and closed lines, will have very little impact.   If you can sensibly use the benefits of the new card, getting it ASAP may well provide much more value.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My second business card backdated automatically. Just thought i would mention for people viewing this in the future.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.