Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BC - When to re-apply?

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX BC - When to re-apply?

I apply every 30 days lol! Its a soft pull till they approve me for the bcp lol!
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 11 of 16
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
I apply every 30 days lol! Its a soft pull till they approve me for the bcp lol!

I have wondered if this was acceptable practice. I want to do something similar just cause, but i have a feeling they wont like it and or F/R will be forthcoming if approved.

Message 12 of 16
saggy1
Established Member

I got the letter

Their reasons were:

-Average of your payment in relation to your balance on amex cards

-Assessment of monthly payments in relation to outstanding debt on credit card accounts

as indicated by experian

-Length of time being an amex customer too short.

I have had my amex card(s) for only one month, obviously paid in full on first statement. My uti on my visa is currently 9-10%

I am guessing the main reason is length of customer. Would appling in one month be wise? Or should I wait 3 or something to let more billing cycles close.

They have my FICO at 768

Message 13 of 16
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@saggy1 wrote:

I got the letter

Their reasons were:

-Assessment of monthly payments in relation to outstanding debt on credit card accounts

as indicated by experian

I have had my amex card(s) for only one month, obviously paid in full on first statement. My uti on my visa is currently 9-10%

I am guessing the main reason is length of customer. Would appling in one month be wise? Or should I wait 3 or something to let more billing cycles close.

They have my FICO at 768

Well, I used to own Zync before. I apped BCE at sixth month and was denied due to high internal risk score, with factors being low FICO score (720) and too short of AMEX relationship.

Then I tried it again before my second AF on Zync, denied with the same reason as well (this time FICO is 736). Afterward I just cancelled Zync.

If one year wasn't enough for me, it will be longer for you.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@saggy1 wrote:

I got the letter

Their reasons were:

as indicated by experian

They have my FICO at 768

Well, I used to own Zync before. I apped BCE at sixth month and was denied due to high internal risk score, with factors being low FICO score (720) and too short of AMEX relationship.

Then I tried it again before my second AF on Zync, denied with the same reason as well (this time FICO is 736). Afterward I just cancelled Zync.

I have a slightly lower TU score than you, somewhat thin file as I am only 22 but perfect payment history and a nice credit mix.

I had the ZYNC for 13 months, ran alot through it and obv PIF. I received two good offers for PRG first and then BCE. I was approved for both over the phone within a week or so of each other. I know my history with them put me over the edge for both.

Message 15 of 16
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@saggy1 wrote:

I got the letter

Their reasons were:

as indicated by experian

They have my FICO at 768

I have a slightly lower TU score than you, somewhat thin file as I am only 22 but perfect payment history and a nice credit mix.

I had the ZYNC for 13 months, ran alot through it and obv PIF. I received two good offers for PRG first and then BCE. I was approved for both over the phone within a week or so of each other. I know my history with them put me over the edge for both.

Funny, AMEX must hate me, because my credit history is very similar to yours. And I did run a lot through my Zync card.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.