Established Contributor
swpopham

Re: AMEX BC - When to re-apply?

I apply every 30 days lol! Its a soft pull till they approve me for the bcp lol!
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Frequent Contributor
AF_23

swpopham wrote:
I apply every 30 days lol! Its a soft pull till they approve me for the bcp lol!

I have wondered if this was acceptable practice. I want to do something similar just cause, but i have a feeling they wont like it and or F/R will be forthcoming if approved.

Established Member
saggy1

[ Edited ]

I got the letter

Their reasons were:

-Average of your payment in relation to your balance on amex cards

-Assessment of monthly payments in relation to outstanding debt on credit card accounts

as indicated by experian

-Length of time being an amex customer too short.

I have had my amex card(s) for only one month, obviously paid in full on first statement. My uti on my visa is currently 9-10%

I am guessing the main reason is length of customer. Would appling in one month be wise? Or should I wait 3 or something to let more billing cycles close.

They have my FICO at 768

Valued Contributor
trumpet-205

[ Edited ]

saggy1 wrote:

I got the letter

Their reasons were:

-Assessment of monthly payments in relation to outstanding debt on credit card accounts

as indicated by experian

I have had my amex card(s) for only one month, obviously paid in full on first statement. My uti on my visa is currently 9-10%

I am guessing the main reason is length of customer. Would appling in one month be wise? Or should I wait 3 or something to let more billing cycles close.

They have my FICO at 768

Well, I used to own Zync before. I apped BCE at sixth month and was denied due to high internal risk score, with factors being low FICO score (720) and too short of AMEX relationship.

Then I tried it again before my second AF on Zync, denied with the same reason as well (this time FICO is 736). Afterward I just cancelled Zync.

If one year wasn't enough for me, it will be longer for you.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
ChiliPalmer

trumpet-205 wrote:

saggy1 wrote:

I got the letter

Their reasons were:

as indicated by experian

They have my FICO at 768

Well, I used to own Zync before. I apped BCE at sixth month and was denied due to high internal risk score, with factors being low FICO score (720) and too short of AMEX relationship.

Then I tried it again before my second AF on Zync, denied with the same reason as well (this time FICO is 736). Afterward I just cancelled Zync.

I have a slightly lower TU score than you, somewhat thin file as I am only 22 but perfect payment history and a nice credit mix.

I had the ZYNC for 13 months, ran alot through it and obv PIF. I received two good offers for PRG first and then BCE. I was approved for both over the phone within a week or so of each other. I know my history with them put me over the edge for both.

Valued Contributor
trumpet-205

ChiliPalmer wrote:

trumpet-205 wrote:

saggy1 wrote:

I got the letter

Their reasons were:

as indicated by experian

They have my FICO at 768

I have a slightly lower TU score than you, somewhat thin file as I am only 22 but perfect payment history and a nice credit mix.

I had the ZYNC for 13 months, ran alot through it and obv PIF. I received two good offers for PRG first and then BCE. I was approved for both over the phone within a week or so of each other. I know my history with them put me over the edge for both.

Funny, AMEX must hate me, because my credit history is very similar to yours. And I did run a lot through my Zync card.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}