Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE $25K now what?

tag
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

AMEX BCE $25K now what?

So now that I have gone from $10K in Jan to $25K today, what's next? Do I have any hope of going higher? 3x's next try would take me to $75K and that doesn't seem feasible to me.  Thinking at some point that Amex would stop at some pre-determined number like say $30K or so.  Anyone know a max for the BCE?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE $25K now what?

@merlinflex wrote:

So now that I have gone from $10K in Jan to $25K today, what's next? Do I have any hope of going higher? 3x's next try would take me to $75K and that doesn't seem feasible to me.  Thinking at some point that Amex would stop at some pre-determined number like say $30K or so.  Anyone know a max for the BCE?

$100K.

Message 2 of 25
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

$100K? Wow, really!?  Great, at least that gives me something to shot for.  But me thinks at some point they will do a FR....

@Anonymous wrote:

@merlinflex wrote:

$100K.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the Amex max for all their revolvers. We have at least one forum member who's hit it.

Message 4 of 25
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@merlinflex wrote:

$100K? Wow, really!?  Great, at least that gives me something to shot for.  But me thinks at some point they will do a FR....

@Anonymous wrote:

@merlinflex wrote:

$100K.

They will want those tax papers well before you get close to that 100k mark

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 25
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I was at 25k a few weeks ago and did a small cli to 30k without a 4506 request. I may just punch in some absurd number next time, let them pull a 4506 and see what happens.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 6 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Keep in mind once you pass 25k you'll need to start proving and verifying things. It can be time consuming and a hassle. 

Weigh that against the benefits. Do you need more than 25k?

Message 7 of 25
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, true. Unless I am traveling alot at one point, I doubt I will ever even come close to hitting 1/2 of the $25K.  I do need to build a patio, stamped concrete, and that would run me around $5K or so from what I am seeing.  So I guess I could do that and pay it off over a few months w/o killing my utilization overall....

Message 8 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Only takes a few minutes to fill in the form online if  you don't mind sharing the information.  I plan on going for 40k come here in about 70 days and will  submit the form online.   No magic $ figure sets it off, could be 20k, could be 35-40k..  If your income supports it and you don't mind sharing your tax disclosures go for it.. It isn't time consuming though.

I don't need more than the 23k I currently have, could  of gone for 30k last time...  I don't even need 15k, but it is nice to have that buffer and the huge CL to me rather than alot of 5k-10 cl's would rather have one nice massive one and some other cards for rewards.

Message 9 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Only takes a few minutes to fill in the form online if  you don't mind sharing the information.  I plan on going for 40k come here in about 70 days and will  submit the form online.   No magic $ figure sets it off, could be 20k, could be 35-40k..  If your income supports it and you don't mind sharing your tax disclosures go for it.. It isn't time consuming though.

I don't need more than the 23k I currently have, could  of gone for 30k last time...  I don't even need 15k, but it is nice to have that buffer and the huge CL to me rather than alot of 5k-10 cl's would rather have one nice massive one and some other cards for rewards.

On the other hand, can be slow!   It's 55 days since I filled in the form online, and no response yet....

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.