Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE - 3% at Costco?

tag
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

AMEX BCE - 3% at Costco?

Is Costco considered at supermarket for the 3% cash back category?

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LittleMsLaur

Re: AMEX BCE - 3% at Costco?

@QueenBeeOC wrote:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/rewards-info/retail.html

This list leads me to believe that's a no, as it's considered a warehouse/club. The only perk I think you get from shopping there with an Amex is that I believe it is the only credit card you can use at Costco.

FICO: 772 (11/2013) TU:760 (11/2013)

AMEX BCE: 10k
Kohl's Charge: 2k
Chase Freedom: 3k
Discover IT: 7.5k
VS Angel Card: 1k
Message 2 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Oh this would be nice ...but unfortunately no..it is a simple 1% as everywhere else.

Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

Oh this would be nice ...but unfortunately no..it is a simple 1% as everywhere else.

+1

Message 4 of 10
Open123
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

+1

Right, with the excpetion of gas at their pumps, the Fid AmEx is a better Costco card than Costco's.

Message 5 of 10
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Right, with the excpetion of gas at their pumps, the Fid AmEx is a better Costco card than Costco's.

Costco gas doesn't count. Only the stand alone gas stations will do for BCE/BCP.

Message 6 of 10
Open123
Super Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Costco gas doesn't count. Only the stand alone gas stations will do for BCE/BCP.

Right, what I meant is the Fid Amex is a better than the Costco Amex at Costco stores, except for when using the TE at Costco gas pumps, the only card to confer a gas spend bonus on the discounted Costco gas prices.

Message 7 of 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@QueenBeeOC wrote:

Awwww...the title got me all excited...Smiley Sad.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 10
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

Smiley Indifferent oh well now I gotta get the TE Amex

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 9 of 10
blunderer
Established Contributor

I did notice the AMEX BCP does code the transaction from Costco Gas as "Fuel" the same as the transaction from a standalone gas station.  Which makes me wonder if the transaction for gas from Costco is actually eligible for 3%?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.