Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Approval email

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

AMEX BCE Approval email

Got approved for the BCE over a week ago. It was an instant approval; even the status said  'Approved'

But got an email today saying 'Your card application has been approved'

Is that strange?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Approval email

I was approved last Sunday via instant, got an email yesterday, and a cardless letter in the mail today saying approved. Go figure. Just get me the card already..

Message 2 of 11
dnice77
Regular Contributor

i got the same thing. i suspect since its a credit card, with different finance tiers it may go to some manual intervention....

your card should come in a week.

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@dnice77 wrote:

i got the same thing. i suspect since its a credit card, with different finance tiers it may go to some manual intervention....

your card should come in a week.

Even though when i appplied it was instant and it said i should receive the card 7-10 business days?

So with this email, now it's another 7-10?

Message 4 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

I know im being impatient but im so excited since this is my first AMEX revolver in over 7 years Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

CS800 may i ask what your EX score was and how many INQ's you had when u app'd?

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)

Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@CS800 wrote:

I know im being impatient but im so excited since this is my first AMEX revolver in over 7 years Smiley Happy

It's just all the different little automated systems sending you warm fuzzies.

Chill. Smiley Very Happy  and congrats

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
boomhower
Valued Contributor

They did the same thing to me ealier this month.  Talked to the rep and said approved, then a couple days later got am email saying approved, and then a week later got a letter saying approved and gave the negative reasons why I got the interest rate I did, which it didn't even say.  Good news is that I got approved for the card and still got my FICO score.  714 I believe it was, card is a BCP.  It's odd because according to another source my true FICO was 734.  Oh well, got the card I wanted so I could really care less.

Message 8 of 11
dnice77
Regular Contributor

Thats what happened to me, my card came around 7 days after the email but my app / email was over the holiday

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

If you call in after the approval to check what your CL is...the automated voice will tell you the card will arrive by .............................

I apped on 11/23, check my application status a couple of days later and it said "approved".........but didn't get the approval email til 11/28. 

When I called the # listed on the approved page, it stated my card will arrive by Dec. 12. For OP who was approved by Amex...do that and forget the little things in between.

But I can understand the excitement of getting the card....as an adult, that's like early Xmas present...well, at least for me anyway. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.