Reply
Regular Contributor
GeneralCucumbre
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎05-16-2012

AMEX BCE Arrived...Member Since Date Wrong

So, I posted a thread about a week and a half ago about being approved for an AMEX BCE card.  I also noted that this wasn't the first time I opened an American Express card.  I opened a previous account (now closed) in 2009.  I understand that AMEX does backdating in which every subsequent account you open with them the member since year will show as the same year your first account was opened.

 

I did call the new accounts department after I applied to find out various info (CL, APR, etc.) and I was told by the representative that when I receive my new card I should call customer service if the member since date did not reflect correctly (in this case...2009), and they would send me a new card.  I called the number on the back of my card and I spoke to a representative who seemed like she didn't know what I was talking about but when she did check, she did indeed say that their system shows that I have been a member since '09.  I was trying to explain that I wanted the card to reflect that accurately and then when trying to get a new card replaced, she told me that I have to wait 6 days (so until next Thursday) to request a new one.

 

Is this normal?  Should I just call the new accounts department rather than the number on the back of the card?


Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $22,000 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $11,300
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - $10,000 | Chase Slate Visa - $15,000
Citi AT&T Universal MC - $13,600 | Best Buy (Citi) Card - $8,000
USAA Platinum MC - $16,000 | AMEX Everyday - $17,000
GM BuyPower World Elite MC (Capital One) - $7,500 | Amazon Store Card - $3,800
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr
Posts: 2,841
Registered: ‎06-08-2012

Re: AMEX BCE Arrived...Member Since Date Wrong

I just called number on back and they sent new card. Didn't have any issues (got both delta and zync backdated). When I got BCP this month it had correct date.


Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
OhioCPA
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎03-29-2011

Re: AMEX BCE Arrived...Member Since Date Wrong

This is very normal for someone who doesn't have another Amex open at the time. What gets reported to the credit bureau should be correct, even if the card shows 2013.

________________________________________________________________________________
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Hilton Honors Surpass, Amex BCE, BOA Travel Rewards, Amex MB Platinum
Frequent Contributor
jake619
Posts: 496
Registered: ‎11-13-2012

Re: AMEX BCE Arrived...Member Since Date Wrong


OhioCPA wrote:

This is very normal for someone who doesn't have another Amex open at the time. What gets reported to the credit bureau should be correct, even if the card shows 2013.


^^^^^^ True.  My file goes back to 95 but there was a gap from 09 to 12 where no cards were active.  BCE app in 12, card came as 12.  Website showed 95.  Tier 1 CS said don't worry about and blew me off.  Called XO and got the card reissued with 95 and added expresspay chip.  Came FedEx next day air.  Pimp status was enjoyed for the day.


GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.


Minor vulgarity edit --Rev



Regular Contributor
GeneralCucumbre
Posts: 153
Registered: ‎05-16-2012

Re: AMEX BCE Arrived...Member Since Date Wrong


jake619 wrote:

OhioCPA wrote:

This is very normal for someone who doesn't have another Amex open at the time. What gets reported to the credit bureau should be correct, even if the card shows 2013.


^^^^^^ True.  My file goes back to 95 but there was a gap from 09 to 12 where no cards were active.  BCE app in 12, card came as 12.  Website showed 95.  Tier 1 CS said don't worry about and blew me off.  Called XO and got the card reissued with 95 and added expresspay chip.  Came FedEx next day air.  Pimp status was enjoyed for the day.


What is 'XO'?  Where do I find their number?


Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $22,000 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $11,300
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - $10,000 | Chase Slate Visa - $15,000
Citi AT&T Universal MC - $13,600 | Best Buy (Citi) Card - $8,000
USAA Platinum MC - $16,000 | AMEX Everyday - $17,000
GM BuyPower World Elite MC (Capital One) - $7,500 | Amazon Store Card - $3,800
Moderator
Revelate
Posts: 8,335
Registered: ‎12-30-2011

Re: AMEX BCE Arrived...Member Since Date Wrong


GeneralCucumbre wrote:

jake619 wrote:

OhioCPA wrote:

This is very normal for someone who doesn't have another Amex open at the time. What gets reported to the credit bureau should be correct, even if the card shows 2013.


^^^^^^ True.  My file goes back to 95 but there was a gap from 09 to 12 where no cards were active.  BCE app in 12, card came as 12.  Website showed 95.  Tier 1 CS said don't worry about and blew me off.  Called XO and got the card reissued with 95 and added expresspay chip.  Came FedEx next day air.  Pimp status was enjoyed for the day.


What is 'XO'?  Where do I find their number?


Executive Office.  Is listed in the sticky for Backdoor Numbers at the top of this forum.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 679, EQ 8 708, TU 711, EX 702* (07/14/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
ceemee2203
Posts: 201
Registered: ‎07-27-2012

Re: AMEX BCE Arrived...Member Since Date Wrong

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again. Just call back and speak to another CSR. 

 

I was an AU in 2011. I called and asked my card to be backdated and they said no. I just happened to try again last week and they said yes. They backdated me to 2008 (I think the CSR didn't hear me correctly, but I'm not complaining).

 

If you were a member, you're in their system and you will (most probably) get backdated. 

Current Cards: AMEX Green, AMEX BCE ($15.2k), AMEX SPG ($6k), Arrival ($7.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k)

4/14 - 762 Fico (Barclaycard)
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed
Posts: 2,953
Registered: ‎02-09-2012

Re: AMEX BCE Arrived...Member Since Date Wrong

How/why was the 09' account closed?

 

They sent my Zync to me with a 12' member date, despite backdating the account to 2006 (my first and only amex).  But since the account was closed by them, and then sent to internal collections, CSR told me they would not issue me a card with a member date of 06 - though they will report it to the CRAs as 06.

 

Oddly enough, my 3 other Amex cards have all been sent with 06 dates, which make me think that if I requested a replacement card now, I would get one with the 06 date as well.


Regardless, I'm more interested in the backdating to the CRAs, then the actual date on my card that nobody but myself pays attention too.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+