cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC

Frequent Contributor

AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC

  1. Does the BCE have the same credit limit capacity as BCP?
  2. If you PC from one to the other do you maintain your credit limit and how many times can PC back and forth?
  3. What is the credit limit ceiling some of you have reached or know of with these cards?

THANKS!!

 

 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC


angelnyc wrote:
  1. Does the BCE have the same credit limit capacity as BCP?
  2. If you PC from one to the other do you maintain your credit limit and how many times can PC back and forth?
  3. What is the credit limit ceiling some of you have reached or know of with these cards?

THANKS!!

 

 


1) No difference in CLs between cards

2) You can PC between them but there are restrictions on going from no AF to AF cards given how Amex interpretes the Card Act.  Might want to talk to AMEX first about that.

 

3) I know people in the 40's in terms of credit limit.  However I think they had to send in financial documentation at some point.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 6
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC

Just talked to Amex Rep.  You can PC from BCE to BCP and the other way with no restrictions.  The Card Act doesn't come into play as there is no AF with BCE.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 6
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC


Crashem wrote:

angelnyc wrote:
  1. Does the BCE have the same credit limit capacity as BCP?
  2. If you PC from one to the other do you maintain your credit limit and how many times can PC back and forth?
  3. What is the credit limit ceiling some of you have reached or know of with these cards?

THANKS!!

 

 


1) No difference in CLs between cards

2) You can PC between them but there are restrictions on going from no AF to AF cards given how Amex interpretes the Card Act.  Might want to talk to AMEX first about that.

 

3) I know people in the 40's in terms of credit limit.  However I think they had to send in financial documentation at some point.


You know, when I listen to Dave Ramsey and the like, or read articles of people with thousands of dollars of CC debt, I've always wondered how that was so.  Of course, I had CL's of $500's at the time.  

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 4 of 6
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC


Crashem wrote:

Just talked to Amex Rep.  You can PC from BCE to BCP and the other way with no restrictions.  The Card Act doesn't come into play as there is no AF with BCE.


Wow Crashem, you did it again, thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC


Crashem wrote:

Just talked to Amex Rep.  You can PC from BCE to BCP and the other way with no restrictions.  The Card Act doesn't come into play as there is no AF with BCE.


You can't PC from BCE to BCP within the first 13 months of the BCE being opened due to the fact of going to an AF card. Other than that you can PC wither way no problem. Also, you can PC from BCP to BCE anytime you want.

 

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 6 of 6