Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 250
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC

  1. Does the BCE have the same credit limit capacity as BCP?
  2. If you PC from one to the other do you maintain your credit limit and how many times can PC back and forth?
  3. What is the credit limit ceiling some of you have reached or know of with these cards?

THANKS!!

 

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC


angelnyc wrote:
  1. Does the BCE have the same credit limit capacity as BCP?
  2. If you PC from one to the other do you maintain your credit limit and how many times can PC back and forth?
  3. What is the credit limit ceiling some of you have reached or know of with these cards?

THANKS!!

 

 


1) No difference in CLs between cards

2) You can PC between them but there are restrictions on going from no AF to AF cards given how Amex interpretes the Card Act.  Might want to talk to AMEX first about that.

 

3) I know people in the 40's in terms of credit limit.  However I think they had to send in financial documentation at some point.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC

Just talked to Amex Rep.  You can PC from BCE to BCP and the other way with no restrictions.  The Card Act doesn't come into play as there is no AF with BCE.

               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 396
Registered: ‎04-02-2012
0

Re: AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC


Crashem wrote:

angelnyc wrote:
  1. Does the BCE have the same credit limit capacity as BCP?
  2. If you PC from one to the other do you maintain your credit limit and how many times can PC back and forth?
  3. What is the credit limit ceiling some of you have reached or know of with these cards?

THANKS!!

 

 


1) No difference in CLs between cards

2) You can PC between them but there are restrictions on going from no AF to AF cards given how Amex interpretes the Card Act.  Might want to talk to AMEX first about that.

 

3) I know people in the 40's in terms of credit limit.  However I think they had to send in financial documentation at some point.


You know, when I listen to Dave Ramsey and the like, or read articles of people with thousands of dollars of CC debt, I've always wondered how that was so.  Of course, I had CL's of $500's at the time.  

My Wallet:
Discover It $14,300 | Chase United $12,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | Citi Simplicity $5,000 | AMEX BCE $4,200 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 250
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC


Crashem wrote:

Just talked to Amex Rep.  You can PC from BCE to BCP and the other way with no restrictions.  The Card Act doesn't come into play as there is no AF with BCE.


Wow Crashem, you did it again, thanks!

Regular Contributor
Posts: 198
Registered: ‎10-22-2010
0

Re: AMEX BCE/BCP question on Credit Limits/PC


Crashem wrote:

Just talked to Amex Rep.  You can PC from BCE to BCP and the other way with no restrictions.  The Card Act doesn't come into play as there is no AF with BCE.


You can't PC from BCE to BCP within the first 13 months of the BCE being opened due to the fact of going to an AF card. Other than that you can PC wither way no problem. Also, you can PC from BCP to BCE anytime you want.

 

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.