cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Benefit Question

Established Member

AMEX BCE Benefit Question

You have to enroll in all the protections and pay for the services?  Is this the same for the BCP?  I thought it was a benefit of the card. 

Thank you for your input. 

5 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Benefit Question

Same as bcp.  Not sure what protections you referring to.  There are a bunch that are automatic and a few you can add on at some cost.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Super Contributor

As far as I know the only difference between BCE and BCP is the annual fee and the cash-back% rewards.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Established Contributor

Crashem wrote:

Same as bcp.  Not sure what protections you referring to.  There are a bunch that are automatic and a few you can add on at some cost.

+1  It comes with lots of benefits that are free and included, but there are some premium ones that cost extra.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Established Member

Thanks all.  The I was thinking I had to pay for the travel and purchase insurance.  I guess there are different levels of coverage.

For an example:

How would you purchase a new tablet/laptop?  What protections would I get with BCE on the 300 device versus just using cash?

Established Contributor

You get covered for accidental damage/theft for 90 days, you get the manufacturer's warranty doubled, up to an additional year, and you get return protection (though that's limited to $300 per item I believe).  It's definitely better to go ahead and use credit even if you can pay cash.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday