Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Benefit Question

tag
delf
Established Member

AMEX BCE Benefit Question

You have to enroll in all the protections and pay for the services?  Is this the same for the BCP?  I thought it was a benefit of the card. 

Thank you for your input. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Benefit Question

Same as bcp.  Not sure what protections you referring to.  There are a bunch that are automatic and a few you can add on at some cost.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

As far as I know the only difference between BCE and BCP is the annual fee and the cash-back% rewards.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

Same as bcp.  Not sure what protections you referring to.  There are a bunch that are automatic and a few you can add on at some cost.

+1  It comes with lots of benefits that are free and included, but there are some premium ones that cost extra.

Message 4 of 6
delf
Established Member

Thanks all.  The I was thinking I had to pay for the travel and purchase insurance.  I guess there are different levels of coverage.

For an example:

How would you purchase a new tablet/laptop?  What protections would I get with BCE on the 300 device versus just using cash?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You get covered for accidental damage/theft for 90 days, you get the manufacturer's warranty doubled, up to an additional year, and you get return protection (though that's limited to $300 per item I believe).  It's definitely better to go ahead and use credit even if you can pay cash.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.