Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE / ED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BCE / ED

I have both cards but I feel that I only need one.

After reaching the BCE bonus I think I'll cancel and stick to my ED and upgrade to EDP in the future.

BCE doesn't give me cash directly (which I can do with Discover) and I can justify the MR points on the ED.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE / ED

Well....that depends on your monthly spend.

The great thing about the ED/EDP is, even after you hit the cap ...you are still getting 1 MR/dollar. And...If you are getting any less than 1.7-2.5 cents/dollar in value you are doing something wrong.

Even if you fly twice per year, for pleasure, and can be flexible with travel dates, it starts to make sense.

I would be curious to see your scores/aaoa/utilization. It would almost be better for you to grab the EDP with its 30k MR bonus.  You should be able to move the limit from your ED to your BCE, and close the card, so long as its 13 statements old.

If your scores are marginal you may not get approved for the EDP as you have ED and BCE.

Why not hit the cap on the BCE then move all spend to the ED for a few months?  You should just look at your spend as a whole and read themanwhocan's link in my signature for a better idea if cash back makes sense.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE / ED

I do low spend for groceries and med to high spend for dining. 

I pay for gas maybe once a month and travel throughout the year.

I'd only get the EDP in the future because it has more earnings for more things which I don't use a lot of at this moment in time. I'm completely fine with just the ED for now.

I'm also bummed out about not getting cash but that's why I have my Discover around. Plus I don't have a points card yet and I really love my Amex ED.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.